News   Mar 28, 2024
 228     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 613     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     0 

Cabbagetown

I believe 30s is excessive but a new development there would be a welcome change...

Now if only someone would buy the whole lot of properties between bleeker and sherbourne, demo them and put a small building there... Would love to see some nice store fronts than what is there right now...

Peepers, I didn't get any warning. At any rate, here you go:

Thank Dilla for posting the info.

I don't like the look of this proposal. Carlton from Sherbourne to Parliament is one of the few major streets left in the city where you can find Heritage properties largely intact and in good condition. We should be trying to preserve its character not destroy it with high-rise development.:mad:

Last update I got is that it's not going for sale anytime soon... Let's see what happens with the corner...

New Sushi place in Cabbagetown

The horrible greasy fish and chips place at Sackville and Gerrard has been replaced by a respectable looking sushi restaurant. I took a pic of the flyer I received in the mailbox here.

IMG01029-20111220-0737.jpg

This is a good sign that the new owners foresee a move upmarket with the redevelopment of Regent Park.

Now we just need a decent take-out Fish and Chips shop.

The horrible greasy fish and chips place at Sackville and Gerrard has been replaced by a respectable looking sushi restaurant. ...

This is a good sign that the new owners foresee a move upmarket with the redevelopment of Regent Park.

or the business owners realize that they can still tap the Cabbagetown demographic operating on Gerrard vs. paying the Parliament or Carlton St.'s rent premium.

Good to hear that there is another Sushi place in the nabe.

I just wish that all restaurant owners would realise that a website is NECESSARY part of business these days.

The horrible greasy fish and chips place at Sackville and Gerrard has been replaced by a respectable looking sushi restaurant. I took a pic of the flyer I received in the mailbox here.

Passed by around 6pm tonight and there were four tables occupied inside. Looks like they are off to a good start.

Also RE the website: Like many restaurants these days, they have dispensed with the formal website and have a Facebook page instead. I don't mind this as pretty much every restaurant website in the world is just crap.

Last edited:
Also RE the website: Like many restaurants these days, they have dispensed with the formal website and have a Facebook page instead. I don't mind this as pretty much every restaurant website in the world is just crap.

Even a Facebook page is fine. I would just like to see a menu and hours so I can make an informed decision.

Even a Facebook page is fine. I would just like to see a menu and hours so I can make an informed decision.
They have a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Qi-Sushi/142358042541403

I ordered from the for first time last week. The food was very good, nice sushi, teriyaki and rolls. Good prices. I recommend all Cabbagetowners try them out. I think this stretch of Gerrard is in for a renaissance once Regent Park is redeveloped.

rumours

Word on the street:

the underdown is closed. Seems the owner had some personal issues which led to him not being able to keep the place going. Too bad, that was a nice patio.

The flying beaver is going to close. So is the deal zone...The LCBO is said to be moving south to somewhere in that strip of stores. Not sure how that's going to pan out (maybe a few places won't get their leases renewed, and then some walls come down?).

Back