News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 851     0 

Stockyards, The (30 Weston Rd. @ St. Clair, retail, Trinity, 2s, GreenbergFarrow)

A Second Cup will be opening March 3rd at the Stockyards.

From the video posted on youtube, Second cup will not be facing St Clair yet be located in the inner portion someplace. They could have done a lot better with this space instead of designing a place with that parking lot. Do they actually think people from the east will actually travel to shop at this Smart Centre? Guess when you do not have people advocating for their neighbourhood as well as a councillor who cares, you get what will be planned

That St. Clair is lined with storefronts was the result of advocacy. The status quo before the local advocacy started to take root was big box stores fronting St. Clair with parking lots and blank walls like Home Depot. This shopping centre has some serious urban deficiencies, but not on St. Clair, which is the most important street in the area. Some of the big box stores in the area are getting older and might be redeveloped in a decade with mixed-use condos. That idea was floated by people from Home Depot who came to the St. Clair avenue study meetings. Ultimately, though, progress will probably be slow because few people live around the Stock Yards. There aren't that many people to push for faster change.

When viewing a target flyer, I was able to select stockyards as my location. The flyer indicates a march 14 opening so they may have had a soft launch.

Pier1 Imports opened this weekend, and I can confirm my local Target flyer mentions the March 14th opening.

I wonder how bad traffic will get once all the major stores are opened.

I still haven't been to a Target in Canada. I was not impressed with the one I was in, in Chicago. Are the Target stores in Canada exactly the same as the American ones or do they have a different look/style?

From the newswire:

Target to Celebrate Grand Opening of Toronto Stockyards Store

Festivities include product sampling, in-store specials and a special appearance from Bullseye

MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 13, 2014 /CNW/ - Target is pleased to announce the official grand opening of its Toronto Stockyards store on March 14. The store, located in the Stockyards shopping complex at St. Clair Avenue West and Weston Rd., is the first from-the-ground-up build in Toronto, marking a major milestone for the retailer as it continues its expansion across the country through 2014.

"This Stockyards location was built from the ground up, providing us with the opportunity to build a prototypical Target store in terms of design and layout," said Tony Fisher, president, Target Canada. "We look forward to celebrating the grand opening of this brand new store, which further reinforces our continued investment in the Canadian market and our commitment to bringing the Target brand experience to guests across the country."

Target's beloved mascot, Bullseye, will be in town for the grand opening on March 14 from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Guests can meet Bullseye and have their photos taken with Target's beloved bull terrier. Other celebratory activities will begin when the store opens at 8 a.m.

Two other Target store locations, including a store at Kingsway Mall in Edmonton, Alberta and one at Hillside Centre in Victoria, British Columbia, will also be hosting grand opening celebrations on March 14.

Guests will be welcomed into bright, clean stores with wide aisles, great guest service and affordable trend-right merchandise. The stores will also feature a licensed Starbucks, as well as in-store pharmacies designed to provide guests with comprehensive patient-centered healthcare.

Target is committed to providing Canadian guests with a one-stop shopping destination for stylish, quality products at unbeatable prices, including beauty, apparel and accessories, home, grocery, personal care and more. Each store will carry an extensive range of Target owned and exclusive brands, including C9 by Champion, Circo, Archer Farms, Market Pantry and up & up; exclusive, limited time collaborations with Beaver Canoe (a member of the Roots Canada family); and ongoing collaborations such as the Nate Berkus Collection, the Sonia Kashuk Collection and Shaun White apparel.

March 13
Target, 2nd Cup, Starbucks, The Source, Pier 1, Bouclar, are open.

There will be about another dozen or so opening tomorrow or Sat. Five Guys, Subway, The Shoe Company, Sleep Country, Bell are some I remember.

It will be a few more months before the next batch open with the bulk by year end as the north section still not built. A fair number still for lease.

A roundabout at the north area. Target has the logo signs sold up as their logo is on all the parking signs and decks. The Food section at the north end and all one level. The escalators on the east side not enclosed and not finish yet.

Over 50 shots up on site
13137581513_6683e8cb27_b.jpg

13137616474_4f9a85918d_b.jpg

13137562713_072330349f_b.jpg

13137406593_391f520052_b.jpg

13137372465_3b19b99e80_b.jpg

13137425193_1906bafd41_b.jpg

13137595904_aa4150fc23_b.jpg

13137601264_e78c47f387_b.jpg

13137398125_31a3d88150_b.jpg

13137327055_8009c40424_b.jpg

Last edited: