News   Apr 18, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 677     1 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

Is that people really need to improve their grammar skills. Getting tiresome reading spelling mistakes and sentences thrown together in ways that are confusing at times....... And this is from someone who has poor grammar skills.

drum118 would be an incredibly effective transit advocate in this city if he was able to type a little bit better and communicate more clearly.

Steve Munro is starting to veer away from transit advocacy into TTC apologist territory. And it's no surprise. He's got a lot invested in Giambrone, Miller, Transit City and the St. Clair ROW.

How else to explain the assertion that drum's pictures were taken to discredit the St. Clair ROW and Transit City? When I first saw the pictures, that didn't even occur to me. I thought "incompetence" more than anything else. That Steve would hint at a political agenda reveals his own.

Steve Munro is starting to veer away from transit advocacy into TTC apologist territory. And it's no surprise. He's got a lot invested in Giambrone, Miller, Transit City and the St. Clair ROW.

How else to explain the assertion that drum's pictures were taken to discredit the St. Clair ROW and Transit City? When I first saw the pictures, that didn't even occur to me. I thought "incompetence" more than anything else. That Steve would hint at a political agenda reveals his own.

Interesting take, but I'm not sure I'm willing to jump to that conclusion just yet. A few points:
1) I don't think that comment was directed at Drum in particular - it flared up after some posts on his site.

More important, if you looked at the first comment Munro had about the issue - it was something along the lines of:

"Steve: Although this (and related shots) emphasizes the effect with a telephoto lens, yes, this is really embarrassing. The TTC claims that it is comparable to what’s already in place between Yonge and Bathurst. I plan to photograph both sections at the same focal length."
This was the very first comment he made before he actually took the pictures him self - after he did, he changed his attitude. That doesn't sound like a political agenda to me.

I don't think Steve was referring to drum at all - there were a ton of people (in this thread) who jumped on the photos talking about how it was clear incompetence and this is what would doom TC.

If Munro was a TTC apologist you'd think the TTC would like him more. He gets on well with Giambrone and Miller, yes, but he's frequently at odds with TTC management.

because anybody who doesn't agree with you must be corrupt and evil...

I believe English is not his first language.

I figured that, and I really don't mean to be rude or dismissive by saying what I said. I think he does fantastic work and does more than most of the transit nerds on this forum by actually showing up in person at various meetings.

Could someone post or link to the photos on Steve's site? For some reason his blog site seems to think that my work IP is a spammer :O

After looking at the photos on Steve Munro's site (through Google's cache), I have to say that this is the telephoto effect. In a number of his photos it is clear that the telephoto lens compressed the distance and exaggerated the width making it look like the tracks shift many feet with in a short distance. While the normal picture shows that the bends are more spread out. Is this right? No but it is far from an unmitigated disaster. This is what happens when you try to please all parties.

because anybody who doesn't agree with you must be corrupt and evil...

...no, because labelling anybody who criticizes the TTC as somehow having an agenda and being anti-Transit City, anti-St. Clair and even anti-Transit.

It's something akin to when American Republicans suggest that anyone who opposes a government policy are unAmerican.

Back