Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

The name should have been whatever the street intersection is there. Its like once you cross Steeles and calling the steeles station Toronto. Well I guess once Toronto comes knocking on Vaughans doors in 20-30 years time and amalgamates it, it won't matte.

I do wonder what they are going to put on these little signs. Vgn Met Ctr?

Toronto_Rocket_316.jpg

Not to mention that there is a Vaughan Road at St. Clair West.
That Vaughan Road goes near the intersection of Dufferin and Eglinton as well!

If Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station is completed, then Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan should be renamed Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan Road to prevent confusion.

why should the bus name be changed? They had it first. Who in Toronto is going to get confused and even think that bus would go up to Vaughan. The bus is for local service.

I am waiting for them to actually show the correct representation of the stops instead of making it seem the stops are west of Bathurst near Spadina when they are east of Bathurst and closer to Dufferin. And then I have seen maps shows the extension stops and they look like all the stops are east of Keele St.

Last edited:
That Vaughan Road goes near the intersection of Dufferin and Eglinton as well!

If Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station is completed, then Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan should be renamed Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan Road to prevent confusion.

I doubt there will be confusion between the Vaughn bus, and a subway station name.
By this logic, the Eglinton, Dufferin, and countless other bus routes should be re-named.

Unless you're being sarcastic..

Has the TTC confirmed the renaming (or un-renaming) of Downsview back to Sheppard West and future Sheppard West to Downsview Park?

Yeah, those names were approved back in November. There as still quibbling about the two York Region stops which is why they got held until this month, finally. The November report is here.

Has the TTC confirmed the renaming (or un-renaming) of Downsview back to Sheppard West and future Sheppard West to Downsview Park?

Should they not make this change as soon as possible to give people time to get used to the new name. It would be even more confusing if on the same day the "Sheppard West" and "Downsview" station names suddenly appear.

Back