News   Mar 28, 2024
 706     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 484     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 796     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Why does TLS have Jack Astors and Milestones? Is this Downtown Toronto or an interchange off of Major Mac or Winston Churchill?

I'm not demanding an organic, vegetarian cooperative, but do we really need bland restaurants to reside in an already underwhelming complex?

I wouldn't call them bland at all. because the name of the place indicates its a chain, doesnt mean its bad. Im sure if everything about it was the exact same, except for the name, most of you would be on your knees praising the place.

It's a nice place to eat, with good food. Chain or no chain.

Edit: I might be able to snap some pics of the place when I check it out this friday. Maybe It will be 'bland' afterall. I hope not.

Why does TLS have Jack Astors and Milestones? Is this Downtown Toronto or an interchange off of Major Mac or Winston Churchill?

I'm not demanding an organic, vegetarian cooperative, but do we really need bland restaurants to reside in an already underwhelming complex?

hmm ...I love Jack Astors and Milestones, they are two of my favorite chain restaurants, the food is better than in other chains, to me anyway. And they are both are always happening and fun, the ones in downtown at least

What's Woo's?

Woo's is a restaurant "Opening Summer 2008" with an entrance between Jack Astor's and Milestone's. You take an elevator one floor up and you're at Woo's which benefits from an entire balcony outdoor patio overlooking Yonge St. from the 5th floor.

I think it's Sam Woo who cooks "Hong Kong style cuisine".

Correction: aside from the elevator up to the 5th floor, there'll also be stairs. If done correctly, this will be a great way of using an AMC level entrance but with the actual restaurant one floor above. By the way, this unit's patio will be massive: at least 3X wider than that of Milestone's.

hmm ...I love Jack Astors and Milestones, they are two of my favorite chain restaurants, the food is better than in other chains, to me anyway. And they only serve middle/upper class white people!
umm...

What is "proper" attire at Jack Astors? I've never been to any of these "upper class" chain restaurants, so I'm curious. White Power!!

Jack Astors is FAR from "upper class." We're talking about a chain of restaurants popularized by year-round Christmas lights, Far Side comics, Elvis shrines, and an 'anything goes' attitude. The food is outrageously unhealthy and they are utterly suburban. It's trashy family fun and it's about a half-step up from Hooters in terms of class. Milestones typically attracts high school prom/graduation afterparties, but the John St. location is an exception. I think a Moxy's like the one in Yorkdale mall would have fit this location better. It's basically the same as Jack Astors/East Side Mario's/Kelsey's/Casey's/Montana's/Canyon Creek/Milestones (read: they all cater to people under 25 and families), but the decor is a lot more modern.

As a side note: if you're uncomfortable eating in the company of people wearing "hip-hop clothing", you'd better not peek into the kitchen, because guess who's most likely preparing your food! Also, that style describes about 1/3 of first and second-year Ryerson students. Next time you see someone wearing "baggy pants" and sports jerseys, instead of pissing yourself and running to the police, consider that they're more likely than not pursuing an undergraduate degree that could make them your boss in 5-10 years :)

It depends on what people mean by upper class. I think upper class accurately describes these restaurants. Now "High Class" I would disagree with.

Upper class to me are all of those restaurants grey mentioned. It's a step up from fast food joints, you have servers and you begin to sorta care about what you're dressed like when you enter them.

I'd also agree with the assessment that a lot of white people go there, because on every occasion that I went, its been 90%+ white people.

I would think that the target demographic for them is not under 25, but rather 25+.

But concerning TLS, I think its shaping up quite nicely. I have no doubt that those patios will be a huge draw this summer, and the restaurants combined with the Cinemas will create a really lively area. There will be food courts for people to eat while waiting for their movie for the younger crowd, and nice restaurants for older people to eat at after their movie. A bit of something for everyone.

I think i'm gonna go check out Iron Man tomorrow :D

Real 'Upper Class' or as I like to say, "Fine Dining"

http://www.oliverbonacini.com/canoemovie.html

283631548_532ec49e66.jpg

I think i'd still be eating at McDonald's and Harvey's even if I was a millionaire. I always felt terribly uncomfortable in places like that.

Back