Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

HPA's office is 50M from this site, which seems to have helped their reading of and commitment to this dev't and it's uh, context.

Okay, this project is really cool. This is a great kind of infill. It's not very wide on King Street so it's height won't seem quite as overwhelming, though I wouldn't mind a little bit more set back. As for the brick-arched lane area, I love it. I hope that they'll be able to really get some interesting uses in there, but either way it reminds me of what I always thought of as "Ontario" architecture when I was a kid: that brown brick, round window 70s stuff. It seems kind of distinctively Toronto and I'm pleased to see more of it.

Wow @ Context. This building looks amazing. Everything from the ground right up to the roof. *drools*

The marketing suite for Context King West is now set up by the site, at 636 King Street West - not completely open yet - it is by appointment only at this time.

I was in the sales centre tonight. The finishes are first class. The scale model really brings the project to life. This is an absolute winner for Context. The cooperation among the landowners around this site to make the site plan work for everyone is potentially one of the best features of the project. Those upper floor suites with the large terraces make me drool.

Context, Plazacorp, and Harhay are all working together on a plan for mid-block pedestrian links and public spaces. It sounds great, so we've been trying to get them all to sit down and talk with us. Context are on board, but we have not had responses from the others yet.

Context, Plazacorp, and Harhay are all working together on a plan for mid-block pedestrian links and public spaces. It sounds great, so we've been trying to get them all to sit down and talk with us. Context are on board, but we have not had responses from the others yet.

Only Context and Plazacorp are involved. Harhay has declined to participate for no apparent reason.

Well, that would explain why they haven't gotten back to us. Plazacorp though? Still waiting for the return phone call!

I wonder if there are still plans to have this all wrapped into a block zoning plan as was mentioned a while back by Adam Vaughan?

I wonder if there are still plans to have this all wrapped into a block zoning plan as was mentioned a while back by Adam Vaughan?
A Block Plan is being circulated in draft form. It will be revealed once the rezoning application goes into the City.

Back