Yorkville Plaza (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Real Estate thread for Yorkville Plaza condominiums, to replace the former Four Seasons hotel. Redevelopment by Camrost-Felcorp.

mme2.jpg
mme3.jpg
mme6.jpg
mme5.jpg
mme4.jpg

Newest update on this project. Here comes the tentative floor plan. People can pm me for the more details and updates.

Attachments

• mme2.jpg
    mme2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,369
  • mme3.jpg
    mme3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,406
  • mme6.jpg
    mme6.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • mme5.jpg
    mme5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • mme4.jpg
    mme4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,278
I was in a hotel suite here a few months ago and it was 8' ceilings. Not sure how they will increase the ceiling height... Anyone?

8' ceilings, laminate flooring, 2 burner cooktop and microwave in lieu of an oven (essentially a hotel-style kitchenette), 2-in-1 washer/dryer unit (worst appliances ever), no balconies, minimal amenities.
Those are definite deal breakers for me, and that's not factoring the $1,000/sq.ft. pricing.
Condo fees are a little high considering the lack of amenities, maybe due to the older infrastructure and mechanicals.

$73,500 per parking space (only for the two largest units), that has to be the most in the city. At least storage lockers are included for all units.
The south units will have no views and much of its sunlight blocked once the phase 2 tower is built.

I wonder how well these refurbished hotel rooms are selling and who are buying them?

I met with Andrew Barnicke (DTZ Barnicke) one evening to discuss this project. He has about 30% stake in the project. I was initially interested mainly based on the location but as I learned more details about the project I wasn't completely convinced. I try not to let my investors get in on a project unless I am 100% convinced weighing all things. There are tonnes of opportunities in Toronto to make money in real estate. I ended up buying a few at Monde on waterfront.

The size of unit in this project is relatively small. I wonder from the two different interior design styles below, which one do you guys think is better. I really appreciate your inputs!
interior-2.jpg
interior-5.jpg

Attachments

• interior-2.jpg
    interior-2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • interior-5.jpg
    interior-5.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,099
The first interior is more feminine while the second interior is more masculine.

Yes the units are generally pretty small in this development but you can't expect much when they are basically redesigned hotel rooms. Consider it glorified crash pads.

Back