News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Despite what Ford says The Streetcar in Toronto is here to stay.

2 vs 3 connections seems rather similar if you ask me.

Oh so everyone that takes the SELRT will be getting off at Kennedy or Union station AND be willing to pay a healthy premium for it? ... C'mon

edit: notwhithstanding SELRT will have approx 23 stations.

Last edited:
.. The two connections are Don Mills and the Scarborough subway, and the T3 line has 42 stations over 22km.

also of interesting note is that the T3 line parallels a major highway, just like Sheppard.

Last edited:
.. The two connections are Don Mills and the Scarborough subway, and the T3 line has 42 stations over 22km.

also of interesting note is that the T3 line parallels a major highway, just like Sheppard.

You are fully correct sir.

Notice how it has three stations out of 14 that connect to the RER or Metro? Spread throughout the line. This is an excellent example of what LRT should be used for. To connect to various Higher order lines. SELRT will have nothing close to the same degree of connectivity to higher order transit, it will BE the higher order transit that will likely have busses funnelling people onto it who are likely, mostly, going to connect to the subway at Fairview subway station.

I count 4 connections to higher order transit.

12020360985_c846454232_b.jpg

malvern LRT isn't happening..

kennedy and union are the only other stations south of sheppard on the stouffville line.

With 29 stations, the SE-LRT has more stops than the entire Hudson-Bergen LRT system (3 lines), and just 4 less than Baltimore's 57 km system.

East of McCowan, the time savings are probably negligible compared to today's bus service, and capacity is not an issue.

This was the plan from the TTC and City of Toronto. Metrolinx is now in charge of design. Given that they designed the ECLRT with subway-like spacing I'd expect them to reduce the number of stations on SELRT.

One of the stops, Burrows Hall, is not even at an intersection and is within walking distance of about 80 single family detached homes. There are no redevelopable lots within walking distance of the stop.

This was the plan from the TTC and City of Toronto. Metrolinx is now in charge of design. Given that they designed the ECLRT with subway-like spacing I'd expect them to reduce the number of stations on SELRT.

Given that there were zero changes in stations from the preliminary design to detail design, I would expect nothing to change in the Sheppard design as well.

Although I think they did have a small change in the west end - just enough to raise our hopes that they would fix the errors in the east - of course that did not happen.

Did the subway extension of BD line to Sheppard ever actually get fully funded? I was under the impression the city still needed to find money for it. I know the province chipped in but it didn't cover the entire cost and the city was implementing a tax increase but dunno if it was actually set and confirmed.

Did the subway extension of BD line to Sheppard ever actually get fully funded? I was under the impression the city still needed to find money for it. I know the province chipped in but it didn't cover the entire cost and the city was implementing a tax increase but dunno if it was actually set and confirmed.
The city met the funding gap, with the tax increase that is currently being implemented.

It's fully funded. However they haven't yet signed agreements with either the province of the feds, but presumably these will be forthcoming.

Though if there's a change of government, there's nothing stopping the incoming leader to cancel the project.

Back