Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

I really like the base of both buildings, especially the angled columns supporting the cantilevered part of the office building. The Delta is decent, but the concept they showed at the January meeting was a lot more interesting. Granted it was conceptual to show the massing, but this rendering showing the building as just a hotel has been waterdowned. It would be interesting to see this rendering with 171 Front St. included as well.

Most likely Delta...........bcIMC Purchases Three More Delta Hotels in Canada

Chris · February 04, 2008

Back in October we wrote a post about the purchase of the Delta Hotels & Resorts brand by Victoria based bcIMC Hospitality Group.

Last week bcIMC announced another acquisition of three Delta hotels, with a total of 916 guest rooms in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.

“We are very pleased that bcIMC can expand its property ownership portfolio in these three key markets,” said Ed Pitoniak, President and Chief Executive Officer of bcIMC Hospitality Group. “Under the ongoing management of Delta Hotels, these properties and their employees have earned an excellent reputation for guest service and we look forward to their continued outstanding performance.”

The hotels acquired are the 394 room Delta Bow Valley in downtown Calgary, Alberta, the 225 room Delta Bessborough in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and the 297 room Delta Toronto Airport West in Mississauga, Ontario. The hotels will continue to be managed by Delta Hotels

http://www.vacantready.com/blog/item/bcimc_purchases_three_more_delta_hotels_in_canada/

Sounds like a jolly good proposal!

Delta Hotel & Rental Suites
+RIM tower?

A flagship Fairmont will be here! They have been involved right from the start.

The hotel will be 5 star.. the building will be LEED Gold.. no delta sorry delta boys

AG and UD were correct earlier about Delta. TOMike$$, even though he was so confident it will be Fairmont, was wrong.

Deerparker: any exterior renovations taking place though? That was promised too, including adding the closed balcony space to the rooms themselves.

The Delta Toronto will have 566 rooms, while the Delta Chelsea has 1590, making it the largest in Canada. The place is always busy. I cannot see it coming down anytime soon (although we were promised a renovation not long ago...).

EDIT: Maybe the Chelsea's renovation has been held up because business has been so good lately. Tourism to Toronto has picked up quite a bit lately. By opening this Toronto hotel, it may give Delta a chance to renovate the Chelsea when the Toronto opens without turning away guests - they can just steer some to the new property as they shut bits of the Chelsea for a time.

Yeah but the big question is ..with 1590 rooms will it be profitable in the future with the new Delta and another 1/2 dozen or so new large hotels open by then.:confused: A retrofit to update that derelict structure may just cost to much.

'Derelict'? It's not derelict, and by now you've obviously seen in the thread that some of the rooms are undergoing renos already...

Plus, pretty much all the new hotels, including the Delta Toronto are 4 or 5 star, whereas the Delta Chelsea is aimed a little more downmarket...

I didn't see any signs of exterior renos, though the room my friends were staying in had access to the balcony. I thought they were all closed.

It's nice to see this area fill up, but it's unfortunate the architecture is so dull.

is there any opportunity of delta adding a residential portion on their tower?

That does not seem to be their intention, so there would have to be a massive rethink for that to happen. I would rate that as highly unlikely barring some kind of tourism apocalypse.

From the City Application:

SitePlan.jpg

So there is a lot more distance between Bremner Tower and the PWHC tower than I had thought, looking at the render. Massing studies below:

SWView.jpg

NWView.jpg

NEView.jpg

SEView.jpg

I think that the North-East and North-West views are switched.

Last edited:
We know you like your renders, so we've rustled up another one for you, focusing on the Bremner Tower Forecourt:

SouthcoreFCBremner1334.jpg

Start speculating on possible lead tenant?

Not that it matters, from what I gather this complex is going ahead on speculation.

Back