News   Mar 28, 2024
 450     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 383     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 733     0 

Ont Gov't building at 880 Bay, at Grosvenor St (ORC, 44s?, WZMH)

Re: Moving thread. None from me.

Interchange, feel free to visit me during office hours. If you interested go to Tobuilt.ca and send me a message from there and I will respond.

You can photograph our offices. Our cubicles were disassembled at one point and when they re-assembled them, they made no attempt to put like colours back together. It's like a special version of cubicle hell.

Ha! I'd kinda like to see that!

PS - I'll wait one more day before sending this thread off to B&A oblivion.

880 Bay Street redevelopment

I so rarely get to start threads because I generally don't know anything that's going on until it's posted here. But here's a scoop - the tenants at 880 Bay (which is the scabrous little six storey on Bay Street near Murano and Burano that used to have the Ontario Government Bookstore) have been told that they will be leaving by 2010. No idea what will happen to the site, but clearly something is in the works.

I am writing today to provide you with an update regarding the Ontario Realty Corporations direction at 880 Bay Street. Just to recap. ORC advised ministries in November 2006 that they were giving consideration to the future of 880 Bay Street. It was estimated at that time that between 2008 and 2010 our occupancy in that building would change. ORC has begun their planning for this site with an estimated relocation of current tenants in late 2010.

ORC has been working on options for this site for a while - they are considering consolidation leases for Ontario Government office space and potentially constructing a new office tower on the site.

ORC issued a RFP for an Optimal Use and Massing Alternatives Study last June for this site, 60 Grosvenor (Women's College Hospital), and the adjacent parking lot to the west.

ORC issued a RFP for an Optimal Use and Massing Alternatives Study last June for this site, 60 Grosvenor (Women's College Hospital), and the adjacent parking lot to the west.

That makes one huge site unfortunately

As long as you have a google account (g-mail) you can add lines and polygons and such. Check out the Fantasy Maps thread in the Transportation & Infrastructure sub-forum to see what others have done for future transit lines.

Back from oblivion, at least for a moment.

Womens College Hospital has sold their building at 60 Grosvenor Street to the Ontario Government. This is located on the north side of Grosvenor, immediately west of 880 Bay. Combined with 880 Bay, it would make a good site for a redevelopment. The property includes a 6-storey building which (I think) dates from the 1940s and must be a bit obsolete for today's hospital purposes.

Just to avoid confusion, the main Womens College building is across the street on the south side.

My GP ran his family practice out of 60 Grosvenor (Burton Hall) in the 80's, above where the the foot clinic is then briefly moved into the one storey wing directly next to 880 Bay before moving to one of the row houses on St. Joseph Street. These spaces are definitely not close to anything resembling professional medical spaces that you would expect in Canada this century. It is however an interesting building on the inside and out, it will be a shame to see this go.

Some of the floors in the gov't building at 880 Bay have been refurbished recently to accomodate more staff at the Ministry of Energy. They are quite nicely done, though the issues with the site (small, aged building) obviously remain.

Rezoning to the City!

The Rezoning request has gone to the City as at Jan. 29/2010 - 39-storey government office tower. Details Below:

Mods may wish to add 39 Storey to the thread title.

OPA / Rezoning 10 111610 STE 27 OZ 880 BAY ST Jan 29, 2010 Application Submitted Jan 29, 2010 Ward-27
South-District Institutional 80622 0 80622 0 8516 --- --- Hynes, Michael
416-397-1761
Rezoning application for new 39 storey government office building 3 levels of parking. 450 parking spaces. mechanical penthouse on top.

Back