News   Mar 28, 2024
 336     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 268     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 299     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Hey Yaz,

The only amenities that all four building share are: the GYM, POOL, GOLF SIMULATOR located in between M2 & M3.

the movie room belongs to M1 & M2 so they are the only ones allowed to use it, same goes for the GYM in M1. I understand M1 is the only building that has its only GYM, All other buildings share the GYM between M2 & M3. Hope this explains everything.

I'm new to m4
Anybody know how to get to the pool/gym from m4
Asked the consierge but they haven't been properly trained yet (at least I hope that's why she had no idea)
She said she'd find out ;(
It seems I have to access it thru the parking from what I've read here but any help would b appreciated

Thanks

J

Anyone install an OTA indoor antenna in their unit? i'm using TVFool's tool and it indicates that M1 should be able to pick up 10-15 HD channels this way

Has anyone found any alternatives to Teksavvy as they are currently not available in the area.

Are you facing north or south? If you're north, you might only get CKVR in Barrie (whatever they're called now), maybe CHEX Peterborough, and I'm not sure what else. I have a south-facing in M2, and I get channels off the CN Tower perfectly with my cheap, all-white, flat antenna. CBC, CTV, City, Omni, etc. etc. I only sometimes get Sun TV, and I don't get CHCH Hamilton. As for American channels: PBS comes in fine, and I've gotten MyTV and The CW fairly decently, even in the daytime. I have gotten NBC, CBS and ABC, but usually I really have to fidget with my indoor antenna on the windowsill, and I usually only get them at night (the sun causes interference... and I feel like my parents when I tell people about only getting American channels at night). (Up till August, I could even get the Canadian channels by sticking a paperclip in the coax of my TV... But my TV doesn't have a tuner, so no luck anymore).

As for alternatives, look up the VueCube or the Winegard Carryout. They're satellite dishes compatible with Bell Expressvu, but they don't look like satellite dishes. You could get away with having one of those on your balcony. It might not work on the north side of the building. And they're a bloody fortune.

Through p1 which sucks for you guys, because you have to go through the garage, or through the little bridge that connects between M3 and M4. And then a nice walk to gym through p1.

Don't expect alot for the gym. Can't believe how cheap liberty went to purchase the equipments , dumbells, bench etc. Even my friends apartment gym has better equipments and choices

Two ellipticals are broken. One has been broken since i've moved in, with no fix. I'm guessing somebody has told management, but if not i will tell them in the next few days.

Is there any way we can all gather and get rid of some of these crappy machines and trade/purchase better ones?? The treadmills , tall bicycle, cable gym, leg press machine, chest press machine, bicep machine, and smith gym are all working well. Dumbells and benches are just ok. The ellipticals, sit down bicycle, leg pull and extend machines, ab machine, gravity machine are either broken, don't work, or is collecting dust.

I'm not expecting a professional gym, but at least more durable and popular equipments on the floor. Sometimes there are 3 ppl lining up to use the elliptical, can't imagine how many more when M4 is done.

My suggestion is , get rid of the gravity machine, leg pull and extend machine, ab machine, sit down bicyle, and buy 2 more elliptical machines (i would rather get rid of the three now and buy a better brand or version), maybe 1 more tall bike and another bench for using the dumbells.

Before i even bring his out at the next building meeting, i want to see for those that go to the gym what they think of my idea?

anyone have any other ideas to make the gym better?

Last edited:
Anyone see the grey BMW parked in P1 in the lane way?! It was parked in the lane way blocking entrance to P2 elevators from M4 entrance!! I don't know if I'm describing this correctly but the car wasn't parked in a parking spot! It was parked BETWEEN 2 parking spots right in the path where cars drive! Duh?!?!?

Are you facing north or south? If you're north, you might only get CKVR in Barrie (whatever they're called now), maybe CHEX Peterborough, and I'm not sure what else. I have a south-facing in M2, and I get channels off the CN Tower perfectly with my cheap, all-white, flat antenna. CBC, CTV, City, Omni, etc. etc. I only sometimes get Sun TV, and I don't get CHCH Hamilton. As for American channels: PBS comes in fine, and I've gotten MyTV and The CW fairly decently, even in the daytime. I have gotten NBC, CBS and ABC, but usually I really have to fidget with my indoor antenna on the windowsill, and I usually only get them at night (the sun causes interference... and I feel like my parents when I tell people about only getting American channels at night). (Up till August, I could even get the Canadian channels by sticking a paperclip in the coax of my TV... But my TV doesn't have a tuner, so no luck anymore).

As for alternatives, look up the VueCube or the Winegard Carryout. They're satellite dishes compatible with Bell Expressvu, but they don't look like satellite dishes. You could get away with having one of those on your balcony. It might not work on the north side of the building. And they're a bloody fortune.

I'm facing south but I don't see the CN Tower from my balcony.. i'll get the TERK HDTVa from TigerDirect and i'll let you guys know how it goes..

I'm facing south but I don't see the CN Tower from my balcony.. i'll get the TERK HDTVa from TigerDirect and i'll let you guys know how it goes..

I tried that one for a few days, and couldn't get it to work. It was too big for the room it seemed, so I couldn't get the whole antenna around where the air conditioner juts out in my bedroom, which probably hurt my UHF reception. And it uses rabbit ears for VHF, which was also a nuisance. I HIGHLY recommend the flat ones from RCA or Terk. I have the cheap white one from RCA which is $29.99 this week at The Source. It gets the VHF without rabbit ears, and UHF too. That one doesn't come with a booster, and I sometimes do debate if I want to get one to try and get US channels in the daytime.

Though if you can't see the CN Tower, US stations aren't likely because they're all in a straight line behind the CN Tower from us.

i had to leave the AGM early guys, did we ever resolve what happened to that guys shopping cart?

Management had moved it to beside the trash area. By the time he got to it, it was broken. Lesson learned: do not leave anything other than a vehicle in a parking spot. If you do, it's a breech of condo board rules and you can't whine about it later.

i had to leave the AGM early guys, did we ever resolve what happened to that guys shopping cart?

It was a funny story actually! Turns out, they found it left next to a garbage can, and it was broken. Whoever borrowed it, must've put too much weight in. Guess you had to be there.

Also, the last question asked was from a woman who wanted to know how they decide when to change over to the chiller or heat... She was especially concerned being a woman going through menopause. Mauro made sure to answer her question as carefully as possible.

So did we get a quorum? I wasn't able to make it (but did fill out my proxy in advance!). Anything exciting happen?

So did we get a quorum? I wasn't able to make it (but did fill out my proxy in advance!). Anything exciting happen?

Yes to quorum, no to excitement. I think the old guy with his shopping cart and the woman with menopause were it. Obviously people are a little disappointed with a few numbers, and it looked like they were getting ready to nail them during the auditor's report, but it's not for the auditor, it's for "other business" and by that point, half the people had left, and the other half were tired. We limited it to one question per person as the chair went row-by-row, and said after we get to the last row, everyone can ask 2nd questions. When the last row went, the chair asked "Do we go again or dismiss the meeting?" It seemed near-unanimous to dismiss.

Back