News   Mar 28, 2024
 191     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Not much a fan of the colour scheem. Beige in a loft... :eek: the floors are nice though and the dry walling has me thinking about doing it my self. I am getting my floors redone next week, and have steered clear of the high gloss look. Will post pics when its done.

Pretty sad that you pay 300K+ for a condo and have to renovate it before moving in. The workmanship regarding the concrete and a few other things is awful.

Have my PDI in 3 weeks - am hoping it's a much better experience than David had.

Anyone know how much the drywalling would cost? A thousand, a couple?

I like the concrete, but am thinking of doing my bedroom or maybe the living room. Anyone think of a reason why that might not look so good?

And does anyone know anything about closing? Originally my occupancy was Sept, and closing December. I'm wondering now that my occupancy is December, if that means my closing will be February? Haven't heard anything from Urbancorp.

And does anyone know anything about closing? Originally my occupancy was Sept, and closing December. I'm wondering now that my occupancy is December, if that means my closing will be February? Haven't heard anything from Urbancorp.

I've heard that the last floor (20th)'s occupancy is the end of March 2011, so closing would have to be early May the soonest!

I called Urbancorp and they said they think February or sometime in the new year, but I don't think she know what she was talking about.
I don't think it needs to be fully occupied to incorporate.

That dude's loft no longer looks like a loft. He would've known beforehand about the concrete walls, the 7 ft walls, the crap view, etc.. What an idiot. It looks worse now than it did before. Could've been so cool - especially with $13500 to renovate! God, he got very little for that money.

I agree..he completely took the character out of the place.

Should have polished the concrete!

He just released a video of his 'renovations'. What a difference!

just in case you didn't hear it, there were only 2 lights when he had his PDI ...
did he mention there were only 2 lights ?!?
btw, there were only 2 lights ....

ok, back to the bitchfest ...
what did he get for $13,500 ???

cheap laminate flooring, drywall up to 9ft and paint, additional wiring for 3 rooms + tacky track lights ...
was there anything else i missed ?

i think the majority of the baseboard was original to the loft, so he probably bought some more to match it.
for a unit with 9ft ceilings, the developer should have used something at least 5 inch high .

That dude's loft no longer looks like a loft. He would've known beforehand about the concrete walls, the 7 ft walls, the crap view, etc.. What an idiot. It looks worse now than it did before. Could've been so cool - especially with $13500 to renovate! God, he got very little for that money.

Not so sure about the concrete walls. My friend bought three units in this building and was suprised when two of them had concrete walls. They were in such poor condition (pitted and stained) that he drywalled over them before renting. The third unit was drywalled by the builder. All three purchase agreements were the same. I think the builder drywalled the units that were in very bad shape and left the units that were in bad shape exposed. I think this builder did an awful job and would never consider buying from them. My friend knew the reputation of the builder, however the pricing was too good to pass on.

^ I e-mailed a few companies, and it ranges from $5.50/sq ft (+HST of course) to $9. I think I'm going to go for it!

Back