Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

I hope the city is making good money on the sale of the land to developers.

I remember hearing that the profits will go to building more RGI's in other parts of the city. Speaking as a person who has lived in East London, I think spreading out housing projects is a good idea.

From August the 16th

regent.jpg

Thanks for posting the new photo. Every day now I'm seeing the dirt pile reduce and the building slowly rise. The rebuilding of the downtown eastside is really amazing, and I'm glad to be part of...and glad to have bought my home back in the mid-1990s before the new Regent Park causing skyrocketing prices in Cabbagetown.

Construction has started on the condos by the corner of Dundas & Parliament

Construction has started on the condos by the corner of Dundas & Parliament
It's a great time to live in downtown east. If Regent turns into a successful neighbourhood, the whole area will benefit.

One hope I have is that the city takes the opportunity of store frontage to move the Parliament Library to the Regent Park side of Parliament. I never take my kids to the Parliament branch as there's just too much traffic for them to navigate through on our walk from Sumach. Since, IMO the vast majority of children who use the library would live east of Parliament, let's move it there.

I also think they should consider renaming Regent Park entirely. Yes, Regents Park in London, UK is nice, but IMO in Toronto the name will always be associated with trouble. Instead, we could call it Corktown North or Cabbagetown South (BTW, the original Cabbagetown is under Regent Park, since what we call Cabbagetown was actually Donvale). How about Cabborktown?

Cabbork? Original, but it doesn't roll off the tongue.

Cabborkian. Hmm.

Back