News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Pantages or King's Court?

yeg-yyz

Member Bio
Reaction score
condo shopping here, and I an interested in a couple of buildings. what are everyone's thoughts on The Pantages on Victoria and King's Court on King street east.
I am looking at a couple of units, same size/roughly the same price. which would you recommend?

thanks

Pantages: possibly outstanding views, close to the Eaton Centre & the subway, long way to get groceries or to take clothes to the cleaners.

Kings Court: In a great area that is only getting better, lots of shops, services, restaurants and bars nearby, close to the Market and the new Sobeys and Loblaws and Dominion.

Pantages Tower / Opus - primo location but depending on which way the unit faces, west and north facing units get tons of light from the media towers, no balconies in Pantages Tower suites, it can get noisy at night when helicopters land at St. Michael's Hospital.

Kings Court - another great location with smaller balconies in many units, cool neighbourhood & somewhat quieter.

Similar amenities between the three buildings, maintenance fees are much higher at Pantages & Opus compared to King's Court

I have friends who live in Pantages (tower) & Kings Court and both are happy with their homes.

Pantages Tower / Opus - primo location but depending on which way the unit faces, west and north facing units get tons of light from the media towers, no balconies in Pantages Tower suites, it can get noisy at night when helicopters land at St. Michael's Hospital.

Kings Court - another great location with smaller balconies in many units, cool neighbourhood & somewhat quieter.

Similar amenities between the three buildings, maintenance fees are much higher at Pantages & Opus compared to King's Court

I have friends who live in Pantages (tower) & Kings Court and both are happy with their homes.

The pantages suite faces south, and there are indeed great views from the window. I'm not too concerned with the helicopter landings, as there is a fire station across from the King's Court.

"Kings Court: In a great area that is only getting better, lots of shops, services, restaurants and bars nearby, close to the Market and the new Sobeys and Loblaws and Dominion."

AndreaP something..

Its funny you ddon't have the same views about CityPlace.

I own a suite in the Opus Pantages, super satisfied. In my opinion, Pantages is one of the top 3 condo locations in Toronto.

It looks like a split decision on this one.. I should have created a poll!

anyways, I am leaning towards King street; the lobby feels more homey, the amenities are excellent, and the rooftop patio is great.

As for pantages... I didn't get a chance to check out the facilities, if anyone can comment on that.

thanks for your replies.

If you're a walker who rarely ventures beyond the core, Pantages is better because it's more central - Bloor/ROM/U of T in one direction; Chinatown in another; Harbourfront/Old Town in another; the opera/ballet house/AGO/Film Lightbox thingy close at hand.

My thoughts:

Pantages: "living in the sky" feel, great central location and close to subway-always a plus for resale value, not much sense of neighbourhood though , lots of tourists and students, parking is tough for visitors and friends

Kings Court: up and coming area, great location and neighbourhood feel, more connection with the street, parking is more manageable, but far from the subway.

They are two very different buildings with totally different vibes. Go with the one that you feel most resonates with the kind of lifestyle you want to live.

Back