Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I don't know why there is so much doubt as to the height of the spire. Buildings are built according to the spec's theses days. And what they say is that the spire's 908.45ft (276.885m);

spirelevation.jpg

While Scotia's roof is 902ft. But there is mechanical equipment that protrudes higher.

I shot over 100's photos today of the Spire, that does not could the numbers from Wed from various angles around the city and none of them show the Spire being taller than the Scotiabank building as plan.

Has anyone taken the measurement from the top of the Spire yet, to say how tall it really is?

Steel was arriving by the truck loads today that will be used for the Trump sign.

Saw a number (12?) of ends of 24 WF beams cut off as either the beams were too long to fit where they were suppose to go or to be removed. They were galvanize and the header connect were still attached to the beam, that was about 3-4 feet long.

Welding was taking place in the Spire around 6 pm.

Given the number of photos I have shot the last few days and in the coming days, it will be sometime next weeks before I can uploaded them to my site, so I can post them here.

When I was shooting from Humber Bay Wed night at sunset, various windows were not like rest of the other ones for some reason and will show up in the photo. Using a long range zoom on the D7000 in place of the Cannon one now.

Crews were adding more sections at the Bay corner for the lighting.
The steel that you saw was not for the Trump Sign. All that cut up steel was the temporary spire base that was formerly on L50.

Windows not like the others are obviously errors, due to incorrect assembly at the factory in China.

The spire is taller than Scotia. Not but much, but it is.

Got a nice shot tonight that shows the spire being higher than Scotia from a dead on view. Looking at a few of the Humber Bay shots in a enhance view, it shows the tower being higher after all.

I also have shots of the crane mast being moved from the tower to be lower as shown above. For some reason, the video would not work with the zoom out, as it would have shown the whole movement before id disappear behind the BA tower.

Those photos are in the 1,500+ I have shot the last few days and have to fix as well tag. Since I am doing another photo shot on Sunday and away on Monday, it will be late next week before I have time to work on the photos as well send them up to the servers.

AWESOME!!! First to capture the glass past the balcony terrace of the penthouse (on the north side).

Last edited by a moderator:
good eye, steveve!

A bit off topic, when are they ever going to fix the stink of the sewer system along Adelaide? It has always smelled bad, tonight was really bad...apparently there is some engineering problem with the downtown sewer system....the folks who bought into Trump are not going to be impressed..

I believe the TRUMP word will be placed where the white Brookfield Multiplex banner is currently.
..pls correct me if I'm wrong.

yup you are right... They will be on the mechanical box (where the brookfield multiplex banner is) on the west and north facing sides respectively.

LOL! just found this on youtube! I know it's old (taken in February) but heck! it's a view from the Crane at Trump!!... BTW: the commentator is EPIC!
By anirakyxilef on youtube:
[video=youtube;bPP2P-xchBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPP2P-xchBc[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPP2P-xchBc

Last edited:
amazing photos Automation Gallery ^^^ you must have been right in the middle of the street to get those shots!... I stand by Bay and Adelaide as one of the coolest/densest intersections in the city.

Back