Toronto Two Gladstone | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

current

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new condo by Streetcar Developments coming soon to 2 Gladstone at the northwest corner of Queen West and Gladstone. Across the street from the Gladstone Hotel.

www.streetcar.ca

April 30

2460438484_2d8e7ef56d_b.jpg

^that's the wrong rendering. The image above is for the Corktown lofts at King East. There was a PDF with drawings for this site posted last year at some time.

And the next biggie: how long will Price Chopper last before the huge lot is condo-ized?

Hopefully soon. That thing is an eyesore. The only thing it has going for it is that it's hidden away where you hardly have to endure its ugliness!

I remember working on the development application for this building, and from what I recall from prelim drawings, it's going to be a decent building with some good setbacks on the upper floors (as required in the zoning bylaw).

^ will it go all the way to the bridge? Looking at Google Maps, that SAMKO Sales building takes up quite a swath of land.

^ I had a look with Live Maps... (love the Birds' Eye View!)

picture1xv3.png

Indeed, that takes up quite a bit of space and even goes all around to Peel Avenue.

By the way, it doesn't look like that first bridge from the east is being used. The path before and after it seem to be green or just beaten ground. The tracks look out of order. I wonder if they can remove that bridge and shorten the dark lifeless space that those bridges create.

It doesn't. As you see, the lot actually only includes the existing building on site (the address isn't listed on the map though)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 536
^ Thanks for that. I wonder what's going to happen to the rest of the property then. It was all owned and operated by SAMKO Sales and it seems like they've vacated the entire property at this point.

The whole block has to go.

The last house by Dufferin is badly tilting. Once the new bridges and the new Dufferin extension take place this year. it will allow a developer to redeveloped this block 100%.

I grew up a few blocks from this area and it's was the pits then.

I have to check my photo's as this is not the same name that was up last year for the site unless it another new building.

The grey area is where construction will take place for the extension.

By the way, it doesn't look like that first bridge from the east is being used. The path before and after it seem to be green or just beaten ground. The tracks look out of order. I wonder if they can remove that bridge and shorten the dark lifeless space that those bridges create.

That's the bridge slated for official Railpath reuse...

Back