Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Are there any other major sites?

does the office component for the skyline tower count?? and as far as new office development goes, the site that i'm crossing my fingers for is 90 harbour, if they broke it up into acouple lots and sold it off to different developers to make office buildings it could really bring some new life as far as office space goes to our waterfront

when is the richmond adelaide centre 3 supposed to be built (or a guess on when it will all be leased)
that one could be a game changer for our city

does the office component for the skyline tower count?? and as far as new office development goes, the site that i'm crossing my fingers for is 90 harbour, if they broke it up into acouple lots and sold it off to different developers to make office buildings it could really bring some new life as far as office space goes to our waterfront

when is the richmond adelaide centre 3 supposed to be built (or a guess on when it will all be leased)
that one could be a game changer for our city

And yes the office component should count on Skyline, latest rumour i heard was the Skyline tower at 60 storeys/205 meters of a mixed use office/residential use to hit the market sometime in mid 2011 ....nice if its 20 floors of office space and 40 of residential living.
Regarding 90 Harbour...truthfully i would rather see something built across the street at 85 Harbour st.... its a bit larger area for an office structure, i say bring back Waterpark Place-3 from the dead.

WaterPlace3.jpg

R.A. Cntr-3, who knows.:confused:.only good thing is Oxford properties runs the show and they have the cash to build.

Last edited:
The design will likely change by the time it rises but I still wouldn't call Waterpark Ph. 3 as dead. I can see Oxford finding a tenant for this one before RAC 5 as well. It's ready to build, argueably smaller, in a hot neighbourhood , and with unobstructed views of the Gardiner Expressway (for the marquee of course)

BCE 3 is still no the table as well.

I really think a lot of you are being overly optimistic here ... I'd love if it were true don't get me wrong.
A few points I can make is there is still a large (very large) block of space in quite a few of the older office towers in Toronto.
They're going through renovation and eventually will given and start reducing their rent to stay competitive. Once this happens it's more likely medium size tenants will take space in these older buildings, for many reasons. Generally only larger companies can commit to the future i.e. 3/4 years it takes for a building to go up. Hence a few spec office buildings may not due terribly - once they're complete they're just as attractive to smaller tenants.

But I think we won't see that many pre-leases going on anymore and that should stop construction.

Interesting enough, this isn't quite related but:
http://queenrichmondcentrewest.com/news.htm

I think they've been struggling to find a lead tenant - they pushed back the completion date already.
Now that's a different market (due to it's location) so I'm not implying this is related in any way ... sad though this is a really interesting building.

imo southcore looks pretty nice in that render as infill for our skyline. i think everybody wants more amazing buildings like the ritz or the shagri-la as far as design goes, the truth is no city is like that, not new york, chicago even london or tokyo. theres boring bland new buildings everywhere. i think people need to stop complaining about these and if they hate them so much don't look at this thread. back to the building is there anything happening at the site?

just something i noticed, why do the renders do a horrible job of accurately depicting the cladding on 18York? (especially since its nearly done). so maybe delta and bremner tower will have the same cladding as 18York since they sorta look the same in the render.\

These towers definitely are good for filling up some space, but the designs + location make it seem suburban to me.

Amazing how much that fills in the gap between the CBD and the Simcoe Place cluster.

Also, it looks like they have a lot to do just to get ready for site preparations. That's going to take them awhile just to clear out all of the trailers, get the hoarding up, find new places for the bins and material storage, etc

It's interesting how things work out and i'm not sure if it's a reflection on the developers concerned (not a big fan of GG) or the economy or what but this is a pretty significant project and it's only on page 22 and the ground is broken.

One Bloor is on page 108 (of version 2) and still no ground broken. 'sup?

Last edited:

Back