Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | IBI Group

^ Yes, but I'm dismayed at how the new ring has completely alternated the aesthetic of the tower. This is a city icon and it's been defaced. It's a love/hate thing for me because I'm happy that the tower has found a new life in this attraction but I hope that it's a passing fad and soon enough they remove it.

So does one just walk around it on the roof? I was under the impression from the initial promo that one could lean out over the edge with the harness as a restraint:confused:

The zoom on my camera sucks. Taken earlier today.
5843418484_1e489f8103_b.jpg

5843419032_109fcc1e70_b.jpg

Thinking about these things from a construction perspective, the rails holding the netting look temporary and will likely be removed. If you're attached to a travel restraint, which is secured to the top rail, then I do not see the need to have them around. If this is the case, they're likely removable, so that they can be replaced should they ever need to go back up and do work on EdgeWalk.

I think that the top rail actually does a remarkable job of blending in with the profile of the tower.

Here is what it looked like before (June 13);

IMG_5807.jpg

Stuck out like a sore thumb. Much different story now. I'm impressed.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will look better with people in red jump suits dangling off it.

Just something funny, Nancy Wilson on CBC newsworld this morning keeps saying that the CN tower on it's 35 year anniversary, has only recently been surpassed in height by the Burj Khalifa and only by a mere 2 meters. Such poor fact checking doesn't really give one faith that they get the really important stuff right either.

They are out there this morning.

On July 27 Steve Murray of the National Post gets a preview of EdgeWalk:
[video=youtube;iikXiH9QszU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikXiH9QszU[/video]

Back