Address At High Pk (Chestnut Hill Homes) - Real Estate

I'm having my color and upgrade selection tomorrow morning and it's very hard to get any kind of info out of them.
What upgrades are you planning to do / would you recommend doing? I'm trying to change one of the tubs to a steam shower and hopefully get a natural gas line for my balcony. In regards to standard upgrades I'm thinking that i will:
Upgrade bedrooms to hardwood flooring
Base Corner Cabinet
pots and pans drawer
undrmount sinks
smooth ceiling

Prices appear to be pretty standard compared to other condo developments I've heard about but i'm wondering about hte items that will be priced at the design center. Anybody know what the appliance package is?

$4,750 Convert STD tub to shower stall, Complete with FRAMED glass enclosure & FRAMED glass door with STD fixtures, STD tiles IF POSSIBLE
$6,575 Convert STD tub to shower stall, Complete with FRAMLESS glass enclosure & FRAMELESS glass door with STD fixtures, STD tiles IF POSSIBLE
$1,000 Reverse the STD tub in Master Ensuite to Shower from main/ensuite bath IF POSSIBLE
$1,155 Undermount double bowl stainless kitchen sink in lieu of STD overmount(includes polished edge) as per model
$900 Undermounted single bowl stainless kitchen sink in lieu of STD overmount(includes polished edge) as per model
$600 Undermount bathroom sink in lieu of STD overmount (includes polished edge)
$449 1st upgrade lavatory faucet6100 in lieu of STD
$525 2nd upgrade lavatory faucet 6700 in lieu of STD
$325 1st upgrade Tub Shower Valve Control Trim T2703 in lieu of STD
$425 2nd upgrade Tub Shower Valve Control Trim TS2713 in lieu of STD
$575 1st upgrade kitchen pull-down faucet 7175 in lieu of STD
$875 2nd upgrade kitchen pull-down faucet S7597C in lieu of STD
$625 UPG to Framed Mirrored closet sliding doors in lieu of STD white closet sliding doors (as per plan)
$845 UPG to Frameless Mirrored closet doors in lieu of STD white (as per plan)
$1,825 UPG to Frameless glass shower stall with frameless door clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD framed glass shower stall with framed door (as per plan)
$1,969 UPG to semi-frameless shower slider - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD framed glass shower stall (as per plan)
$1,063 UPG to framed tub slider - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in bathtub in lieu of STD shower rod
$1,500 UPG to semi-frameless tub sliders - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD shower rod
$150 Delete STD mirrors in all bathrooms
$650 1st upgrade under pad in lieu of STD in bedrooms
$750 2nd upgrade under pad in lieu of STD in bedrooms
priced at décor centre UPG carpet in bedrooms in lieu of STD
priced at décor centre UPG to tiled ceilings in tub/shower in lieu of none
$300 UPG to accommodate slide-in including 2 fillers for sides (specs for stove required) Slide-in Stoves are not STD, opening MUST be upgraded
$650 UPG Hardware in lieu of STD hardware in Kitchen
$100 UPG Hardware in lieu of STD hardware in Bathroom
$462 Pot & Pan drawers - 3 drawers STD Line (if possible)
$393 Base Corner Cabinet with shelves STD Line as per plan (if possible)
priced at décor centre Kitchen light valance STD & UPG Line (does not include electrical)
priced at décor centre Extended Height Uppers for 9' ceilings in lieu of STD (as per plan) IF POSSIBLE
priced at décor centre Upgrade wall tiles in lieu of STD wall tile in bathrooms
$150 Delete the STD kitchen backsplash
priced at décor centre UPG Ceramic tile kitchen backsplash in lieu of STD tile ( above counter only )
priced at décor centre Upgrade floor tiles in lieu of STD floor tile in bathrooms
priced at décor centre Upgrade to Engineered Hardwood flooring in lieu of STD looped pile berber carpet in bedrooms
priced at décor centre Upgrade Engineered Hardwood or Laminate flooring in lieu of STD Engineered Harwood or Laminate flooring

I'm having my color and upgrade selection tomorrow morning and it's very hard to get any kind of info out of them.
What upgrades are you planning to do / would you recommend doing? I'm trying to change one of the tubs to a steam shower and hopefully get a natural gas line for my balcony. In regards to standard upgrades I'm thinking that i will:
Upgrade bedrooms to hardwood flooring
Base Corner Cabinet
pots and pans drawer
undrmount sinks
smooth ceiling

Prices appear to be pretty standard compared to other condo developments I've heard about but i'm wondering about hte items that will be priced at the design center. Anybody know what the appliance package is?

$4,750 Convert STD tub to shower stall, Complete with FRAMED glass enclosure & FRAMED glass door with STD fixtures, STD tiles IF POSSIBLE
$6,575 Convert STD tub to shower stall, Complete with FRAMLESS glass enclosure & FRAMELESS glass door with STD fixtures, STD tiles IF POSSIBLE
$1,000 Reverse the STD tub in Master Ensuite to Shower from main/ensuite bath IF POSSIBLE
$1,155 Undermount double bowl stainless kitchen sink in lieu of STD overmount(includes polished edge) as per model
$900 Undermounted single bowl stainless kitchen sink in lieu of STD overmount(includes polished edge) as per model
$600 Undermount bathroom sink in lieu of STD overmount (includes polished edge)
$449 1st upgrade lavatory faucet6100 in lieu of STD
$525 2nd upgrade lavatory faucet 6700 in lieu of STD
$325 1st upgrade Tub Shower Valve Control Trim T2703 in lieu of STD
$425 2nd upgrade Tub Shower Valve Control Trim TS2713 in lieu of STD
$575 1st upgrade kitchen pull-down faucet 7175 in lieu of STD
$875 2nd upgrade kitchen pull-down faucet S7597C in lieu of STD
$625 UPG to Framed Mirrored closet sliding doors in lieu of STD white closet sliding doors (as per plan)
$845 UPG to Frameless Mirrored closet doors in lieu of STD white (as per plan)
$1,825 UPG to Frameless glass shower stall with frameless door clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD framed glass shower stall with framed door (as per plan)
$1,969 UPG to semi-frameless shower slider - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD framed glass shower stall (as per plan)
$1,063 UPG to framed tub slider - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in bathtub in lieu of STD shower rod
$1,500 UPG to semi-frameless tub sliders - 2 doors clear glass/chrome in lieu of STD shower rod
$150 Delete STD mirrors in all bathrooms
$650 1st upgrade under pad in lieu of STD in bedrooms
$750 2nd upgrade under pad in lieu of STD in bedrooms
priced at décor centre UPG carpet in bedrooms in lieu of STD
priced at décor centre UPG to tiled ceilings in tub/shower in lieu of none
$300 UPG to accommodate slide-in including 2 fillers for sides (specs for stove required) Slide-in Stoves are not STD, opening MUST be upgraded
$650 UPG Hardware in lieu of STD hardware in Kitchen
$100 UPG Hardware in lieu of STD hardware in Bathroom
$462 Pot & Pan drawers - 3 drawers STD Line (if possible)
$393 Base Corner Cabinet with shelves STD Line as per plan (if possible)
priced at décor centre Kitchen light valance STD & UPG Line (does not include electrical)
priced at décor centre Extended Height Uppers for 9' ceilings in lieu of STD (as per plan) IF POSSIBLE
priced at décor centre Upgrade wall tiles in lieu of STD wall tile in bathrooms
$150 Delete the STD kitchen backsplash
priced at décor centre UPG Ceramic tile kitchen backsplash in lieu of STD tile ( above counter only )
priced at décor centre Upgrade floor tiles in lieu of STD floor tile in bathrooms
priced at décor centre Upgrade to Engineered Hardwood flooring in lieu of STD looped pile berber carpet in bedrooms
priced at décor centre Upgrade Engineered Hardwood or Laminate flooring in lieu of STD Engineered Harwood or Laminate flooring

I'd be curious to know the price per square foot the quote for smooth ceilings.

It wasn't too bad. Very expensive as expected. I ended up not doing a lot of upgrades because some fo the prices were outrageous.

Here is what did:

Smooth ceilings for about $3.60 per square foot
Upgraded hardwood flooring
upgraded to Quartz counters and under-mount sinks for kitchen and bathrooms
Upgraded tiles in bathroom
Upgrades shower-stall to frame less glass
Added 12' ledge to mu kitchen island and upgraded to a build up edge for all Quartz counters
Eliminated kitchen backdrop

Things that i will do once I move in:
Upgrade kitchen cabinets, hardware and faucets for bathroom and kitchen
Probably new light fixtures and some electrical wiring for kitchen valances. (you can't ask them to place outlets in certain spots)

Is that three updates that you've received pushing your occupancy? And, if so, is the builder allowed any more without penalty?

Thanks
(I'm considering purchasing a remaining unit but am concerned about further delays, etc.)

Is that three updates that you've received pushing your occupancy? And, if so, is the builder allowed any more without penalty?

Thanks
(I'm considering purchasing a remaining unit but am concerned about further delays, etc.)

No no. There's a thread with construction updates that i've occasionally added updates around moving occupancy. The most recent letter was received a couple weeks ago with a new date for me of Oct 9th. Its the final tentative occupancy which means they can only move it one last time without penalty. Based on where they are in construction I think Oct is quite reasonable for me considering I'm on the top floor. At this stage in the construction I wouldn't be too worried about delays. If there are they'll be measured in weeks not months.

Hi I am wondering if anyone is a VIP buyer that got in with the free locker, bicycle parking and right to assign?

So I got word from my lawyer that the building is registered and my final closing will be Dember 11th...less than 1 month of occupancy for this kid.

Back