196     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 253     0 

Need Directions from Scarborough to Vaughan on public transit

theowne

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you can help me out.

I live in Scarborough, near Kennedy Station, TTC.

I need to get to Dufferin and Rutherford, which I think is in "Maple" or at least that's what I was told, in Vaughan I think, I dunno. How can I get there using public transit? I'm not averse to walking for a bit from somewhere.

Your best bet is probably to take the subway to Downsview Station (that's Bloor line to St. George, then transfer to northbound) and then the York Region Transit 105 bus up Dufferin to the end of the line at Rutherford.

Thanks. I've never used YRT before. Do they go in a similar way to TTC, or is it more like the GO Bus'? Do I have to pay a fare if I get on from Downsview?

Umm, since when is route 105 at York Region Transit route? The 105 is a TTC route that goes from Downsview to Rutherford along Dufferin St. You only need to pay an extra fare north of Steeles. You pay the extra fare as you exit. The service on the 105 is not the greatest, it usually comes every 30 - 60 minutes outside or rush hours. During rush hours it comes every 15-25 minutes. Hope that helps.

Here's a faster way:
- Take the subway from Kennedy to Finch station.
- at Finch, find the YRT buses; take VIVA Blue north to 16th/Carrville.
- then transfer to YRT route 85, west to Dufferin.

Here's a faster way:
- Take the subway from Kennedy to Finch station.
- at Finch, find the YRT buses; take VIVA Blue north to 14th/Carrville.
- then transfer to YRT route 85, west to Dufferin.
it's 16th/carville

I travel from downtown to Maple sometimes for work and have tried many ways to get there.
The best way... Take the GO from downtown.

$4.80 takes you to Rutherford Go Station, which is located between Keele/Rutherford and Dufferin/Rutherford.

It is by far the fastest way. It can take up to 2 hours by TTC and YRT especially during rush hour.

Once you get to Rutherford GO station, you can take the 85 YRT bus (go east) for 50 cents to Dufferin (show your GO ticket to the driver and drop in 50 cents), which is only a short distance away. If its nice out you can even walk it. Its less than a 10 minute walk.

Yes why have GO lines if we don't take advantage of them? His entire journey could be done via GO (Kennedy-Union-Rutherford).

When you say downtown do you mean Union station? So I'd have to go to Union Station, then take a Go Bus, and then etc...? Wouldn't that take as much time as going to St George, then Downsview, than the Bus ride?

Possibly...and the GO schedule is very infrequent. There is no GO bus at Kennedy station - once the 4 trains in the morning are done, that's it, you're stuck to the subway.

What time of day do you need to be there?

Well on Friday I need to be there at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but I will be going regularly in the afternoon (after 3pm) on some weekdays.

Back