Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Road access in that area is quite poor.

There are plans to extend Legion Road N. under the RR tracks to hook it up to Legion Rd. Regular which runs north from Lake Shore. Maybe Camrost and the developers of Beyond The Sea will be paying for the completion of Legion Rd. as part of their Section 37 benefits?

Meanwhile, in the last year or so, the reverse ramp from Park Lawn to Legion Road N. was opened beside the Gardiner off-ramp - that improved accessibility to the area. What is really needed for this area though is a GO station at Park Lawn. With all of the condos going in at both the Mystic Point and Etobicoke Waterfront areas, there could be quite the traffic for a GO station here.

There are plans to extend Legion Road N. under the RR tracks to hook it up to Legion Rd. Regular which runs north from Lake Shore. Maybe Camrost and the developers of Beyond The Sea will be paying for the completion of Legion Rd. as part of their Section 37 benefits?

More likely as part of the development charges for the project - Development Charges pay for the hard infrastructure, usually sec 37 go to other 'amenity' type projects or soft infrastructure.

The city should gain several million dollars in development charges from the two projects for off-site infrastructure and the developer is responsible for covering the cost of all on site infrastructure and connection costs.

Thanks for the clarification Mike! Legion Road should be Etobichoke's Simcoe Street underpass before the decade's out.

I heard that there have been proposals to extend Legion Rd. all the way down to Lake Shore. Also heard that this new project is being built along side with iLoft so the dust issue may not be such an issue after all.

yeah the dig is part of the iloft project..it should be completed quickly but iloft owner (moi) gets priority since we been waiting since 2007 for this project to get completed.:eek:

iLoft was announced in early 2006 I believe. So there are people who have been waiting a very long time.

I know people been waiting since the first day of release in 2006.All of them are still happy they bought (appreciated in value) and the area (mystic point) is starting to get noticed.Not too happy because of the wait of course.If they connect the two end of Legion Rd as some assume this street is going to get red hot for condos.:)

There should be a couple more east-west connections as well to break the isolation. A new road joining Park Lawn would help.

A road already joins the area to Park Lawn - that "reverse ramp" that was installed beside the Gardiner off ramp last year. A pedestrian bridge over the Mimico Creek was added at the same time. Next we need them to complete the bike path along the Mimico down to the Lake Shore.

I purchased a Corona at the very first broker presale. The price was $253,900 plus $1000 every floor. One of the incentives that sold me was the 3 year maintenance cashback at closing.

Back