Absolute World Condos (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

scaliri

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any idea what a two bedroom final phase 32nd floor sw exposure suite be going for once building is completed ?

800 sq ft

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know what rights the home buyer has regarding construction delays?

My newest delay notice takes it to 27 months after the original occupancy date.

In the contract it mentions that it can be delayed for up to 24 months without having to pay any fees.

In turn, I am hoping that I can charge back what I pay in rent for those 3 extra months.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I know this issue has been discussed often on UT, but I think the best advice has always been to consult your lawyer that helped you do the deal in the first place... it sounds like you may have a valid case.

I just received another letter stating a delayed occupancy date for tower 4. It was suppose to be September 1st and they pushed it back another 3 months. I think they've pushed it back around 4-5 times now.

For me it's not that big of a deal. I'm sure the law protects companies over home owners for these type of things, but there has to be some type of compensation we can receive for delays running 2+ years.

Maxiumum of $5,000 and you can claim up to 12 months after moving in. Check the Tarion website for construction delays.

I just received another letter stating a delayed occupancy date for tower 4. It was suppose to be September 1st and they pushed it back another 3 months. I think they've pushed it back around 4-5 times now.

I've received numerous delays too. My current occupancy date is scheduled for November 11 for a 17th floor unit in tower 5. This is a "confirmed" occupancy date. Was your Sept 1 date "confirmed" as well?

I haven't received another delay notice. But after reading about yours, I'm sure mine is coming (I think the completion date for these buildings is 3 mos. apart). This would mean a wait of 2+ years on top of the projected 3 from original purchase date. Ugh.

I just registered this site but I have been reading ever now and then. Good forum. Keep talking. Thanks guys...

I just went to the meeting at Novotel and they held a presentation there for the first batch occupancy coming up, they talked about how PDI going to work, occupancy fees etc. Apparently they are doing first batch of PDI starting next week, I guess for the low floors, talk to someone and they own floor 18, the occ. date will be end of July, sounds like they do one floor at a time. No delay anymore...

I just registered this site but I have been reading ever now and then. Good forum. Keep talking. Thanks guys...

I just went to the meeting at Novotel and they held a presentation there for the first batch occupancy coming up, they talked about how PDI going to work, occupancy fees etc. Apparently they are doing first batch of PDI starting next week, I guess for the low floors, talk to someone and they own floor 18, the occ. date will be end of July, sounds like they do one floor at a time. No delay anymore...

Hi, I am a newby here. I am not sure is this a right place to ask. Last week I saw there were lots of units on mls for lease for Tower 4, but today there are only 2 units, just wondering why. Does anyone know what is going on.

Welcome to UT pc168 .... my guess is, occupancy started earlier for Tower 4 vs Tower 5, hence more supply is available?

I've received numerous delays too. My current occupancy date is scheduled for November 11 for a 17th floor unit in tower 5. This is a "confirmed" occupancy date. Was your Sept 1 date "confirmed" as well?

I haven't received another delay notice. But after reading about yours, I'm sure mine is coming (I think the completion date for these buildings is 3 mos. apart). This would mean a wait of 2+ years on top of the projected 3 from original purchase date. Ugh.

Sorry for the delayed response. I had my pdi about a month ago and my occupancy date on tower 4 is Nov 28th. And yes, it was delayed 2 years and 2 months from the original projected 3. I was told that the building will be registered by the end of December which is great since I'm not looking forward to paying the phantom mortgage. I really hope they finish the remaining 3 elevators which would bring the total of elevators to 6. I once waited 20 minutes from floor 39 to ground.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if you've checked out your unit but I checked out mine well before my pdi during the day working hours. Just waltz in and take a look. I ran into a contractor one time and he was more than willing to let me check it out.

Thanks for the reply Satchmo! This all sounds like good news, especially the quick registration. Hopefully it will be just as quick for tower 5. I did receive another delay notice - for Dec 5 - but still don't have a date for the pdi. And I had no idea they would let you into the buildings before completion so I'm going to scope mine out for sure. It's finally happening....well, soon it will be finally happening. Did you come across any issues during your pdi by the way?

Thanks for the reply Satchmo! This all sounds like good news, especially the quick registration. Hopefully it will be just as quick for tower 5. I did receive another delay notice - for Dec 5 - but still don't have a date for the pdi. And I had no idea they would let you into the buildings before completion so I'm going to scope mine out for sure. It's finally happening....well, soon it will be finally happening. Did you come across any issues during your pdi by the way?

A few minor details; dings, scratches, misaligned items. Nothing major. You have a 30 day warranty after your occupancy date as well, to point out any oddities that need fixing.

I'm confused - you are saying occupancy for floor 18 is end of July? I thought the building would be completely occupied by July according to Cityzen - and isn't tower 5 occupied already up to the 8th floor? I'm on floor 27 and latest date for me is Feb 23... *fingers crossed*

Back