Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

http://eleganthomesinwesttoronto.blogspot.com/2009/06/south-beach-condo-gets-approval.html

Found this article about south beach, the community and the amount of money being invested into the area with retail and the proposed new park space. Interesting that all new condos in the humber bay shores area have to be 35meters apart, so a wall is not created and sightlines to the lake are unobstructed. Only tall and thin buildings allowed in this area for the years to come...

Last edited:
great news on the start of construction @ South Beach ... I guess that's bad news for iLofts and California condos ... I do find it funny that they call South Beach Tower 2 the "Grand Finale", even though there is only 2 towers in total ~ (those marketing people :rolleyes: LOL)

Just visited the sales center a few days ago, they've already broke ground.. hopefully the construction is swift. I can't wait to move in!

Went to the showroom yesterday
Digging has forsure begun.
It doesnt look like they are moving too quickly but considering all the neg remark about this project im quite happy.
Can't wait to move in!!

This "construction" is a facade. It's just a marketing gimmick.

They don't even have any contractors selected. This digging is just to make it look like things are moving along. Best case scenario is that you see actual construction in the spring, even then I doubt it.

Sold out? Not a chance in hell.

Do go on...

metro.jpg

-not the best example as shoring is in place along the arterials on two sides of the pit

This "construction" is a facade. It's just a marketing gimmick.

They don't even have any contractors selected. This digging is just to make it look like things are moving along. Best case scenario is that you see actual construction in the spring, even then I doubt it.

Sold out? Not a chance in hell.

I totally agree with you Wooba!

Theres a hole in the ground with machines all over the construction site.
i think its acutally happening theres people working daily on the project go see for yourself

What specific things are your various sources saying if you don't mind me asking?

For the sake of privacy I don't want to say some of the things I've heard.. individually they don't mean a lot but together they certainly point to what I previously said. Like I also said above, other than Todd Glen, no contractors have been selected (I don't believe the contracts have even gone out for tender yet!).. you cannot construct something without contractors.

Even if we just use a little bit of logic, it's obvious that something doesn't smell right.
They claim to have sold out. When did they start selling this? 12, maybe 13 months ago. Even for a builder with a great reputation and during a good economy that would be impressive. For a new developer in this economy to sell out would be worthy of a phone call to Ripley's.
If it were true, why would they wait until now to start selling phase 2? It would seem logical to start that when sales are somewhere around 70% or so. Otherwise the sales people would be coming in every day to try and sell 1 or 2 suites that are still left. That doesn't make any sense.
Additionally since both units are going to be joined, I assume they are going to be sharing parking. They are not going to start construction on either of them until both are sold out enough to allow for proper financing.

No way is this under construction now. They can dig all the holes they want.. it's the construction equivalent of paying people to line up outside a nightclub to make it look popular. After a little bit of digging something will come up that caused a delay.. problem with the permit, old foundations need removal, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year the site looks pretty much the same as it does today.

Again, I hope I'm wrong..

No way is this under construction now. They can dig all the holes they want.. it's the construction equivalent of paying people to line up outside a nightclub to make it look popular. After a little bit of digging something will come up that caused a delay.. problem with the permit, old foundations need removal, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year the site looks pretty much the same as it does today.

Again, I hope I'm wrong..

You're Wrong :rolleyes:

Back