Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Why is everyone gushing over this project? It's Nothing special! Just another grey eyesore in the city! The only person or persons who should be gushing are the developers as they laugh all the way to the bank!

Just because something is over 20 storeys doesn't make it a gem!

How one person can consistently be so curmudgeonly and negative is fascinating to me. I am confused though .... in one of the rare positive posts you've ever made, you said you like the Ritz BECAUSE it is gray (which it isn't - its green) but then you slam this building for being gray. Help me out here Fred.

Aside from the fact there's pretty moch zero grey on this bulding, grey is awesome! Why does the city need to look like disneyland? Europeans are fine with 99% grey cities... plus in north america our buildings light up with color freatures at night which is great. Toronto definitely rocks at that!

I think the semi-irregularity of the window wall design worked very well - however, the same cladding materials used in a more traditional pattern (east side facing the square, etc) really shows "weakness".

AoD

Agreed - and the SW corner on Front St. - looks like "Son of Crystal Blue".

lHHxk.jpg

Back