Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

o.k., Sean....family-friendly is fine by me....:)

2058363260_b0c188dd3b_o.jpg

This thread has gotten pretty long for me to follow. Can someone tell me where this graphic comes from? I'm afraid it looks like my current employer would need to relocate for this to become a reality. I'd hate to buy a place in the next year and then shoot myself in the foot with the commute...

so then, you must work for unit park.

No, I don't. There are a few businesses that will be displaced by the redevelopment. I just want to read-up on it, if anyone has a link (preferably the one attached to this graphic) that would be awesome.

Are you sure you have the right location? The only thing that exists on this site is a parking lot and the sales center.

ya, I was gonna say that earlier but thought perhaps I was mistaken seeing as I live on the other side of the lake and its hard to make out that much detail from here...

curious to see how this dilema ends up.

mikeUrban ... the address of the site subject to redevelopment is 25 Queens Quay East ... maybe you could tell if you are in fact affected this way =D

mikeUrban ... the address of the site subject to redevelopment is 25 Queens Quay East ... maybe you could tell if you are in fact affected this way =D

I'm just looking at the graphic and the two boxes labelled "Future Phase 3" and "Future Phase 4" is where I work. I'm assuming those two buildings will be knocked down for these "future phases"... I'll keep everyone guessing on the "company" I'm talking about... but come on... it should be fairly obvious... you bright people disappoint...

I worked from this location for a couple months in 2003 and I wasn't a parking lot attendant. Perhaps mikeUrban works on a boat.

EDIT:
Now that he says "I'm assuming those two buildings will be knocked down for these "future phases".", but there are no existing buildings on the site, I can only assume that he has his locations mixed up.

Hot Dog Vendor? Gravel Collector? Surface Parking Lot Attendant?

What, exactly, do you do on this flat, infill parking lot?

Looks like I'm the dumb one. I actually work just north of Queen's Quay (not South) and looked at the map wrong. My concern remains: eventually my employer will probably relocate with the Waterfront redevelopment... just wondering what the timeframe will be..

That all depends on if (and when) the owner of the property intends on redeveloping that property. I don't believe that section of Queen's Quay is part of any precinct plan like East Bayfront so the timeframe is unknown.

and if you work at 1 Yonge Street (Toronto Star building), I don't believe they will EVER tear down that building given the significance of the location (and the roots of the newspapaer company) ... just my thoughts

I thought there was a redevelopment vision for 1 Yonge St. with the Star vacating in the near future.

Also, I imagine the LCBO's distribution and offices on the north side will eventually be redeveloped, but probably not for many more moons.

I heard that TEDCO is trying to lure LCBO into one of their properties that would apparently be ideal for them. LCBO is busting at the seams, I hear. That would free up the current LCBO site.

Back