Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

I agree that it's easier to identify the area and where the condos are by calling it the Ikea condos by location association. You can also probably call it the Canadian Tire condos or the North York General Hospital condos as well but it's not as catchy as Ikea with flags waving.

I would disagree with the stigma the poster commented in the video link as I'd evaluate the build quality after I see one of the units inside and then outside myself. I think the prices for these units are getting expensive because of it's location. I'm neutral in their design. It's fitting for the area. What do you want me to say? It doesn't suck, but it's not quite the Trump Tower condo and hotel, and Shangri La projects being built downtown right now.

When you look at the location, the surrounding infrastructure and the likelihood at the type of people that may be moving in that area, I think it's a very good area and a very interesting community when more buildings and the community are formed.

Minus the known issues of increase traffic congestion, you have an area with it's own sense of style and theme. You could name other master plan communities like the NY Towers, Emerald City, The Legacy (Monarch), Metrogate, Regent Park or Liberty Village and it's just as easy to pick it apart architecturally, interior design wise, intended customer base etc... because most of the buildings are based loosely with a general theme or style and a whole bunch of them will be built similarly. Some people like it, some people don't, and some are in the "neither" and have no emotions either way.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Was by the site today and had a total walk around the grounds and taking photos of areas never be shot before.

Owners are finally moving in, but not many so far. One townhouse in use so far.

Nice shuttle van that can carry 9 people plus the driver. It has a large open end to place your goods as while having a 407 transponder.

Crews were installing black marble panels at the bottom of all the windows at grade while I was there.

It is odd to walk around this complex that is still empty considering how many complete building are there in the first place. Its like a ghost town.

Nice art work.

Photos to follow

Nov 26
You can find the rest of the 35 photos up on my site
6414416203_e5cb484867_b.jpg

6414409831_43e6b4c729_b.jpg

6414417769_ae43fe7387_b.jpg

6414396739_1e0b121a1d_b.jpg

6414399477_ded522af68_b.jpg

6414398003_ae0c6aa6fc_b.jpg

6414408337_254cd6feed_b.jpg

6414402669_ac82e27f72_b.jpg

6414390153_00a46c273d_b.jpg

Wonderful pictures drum, thanks so much.
It is nice how they are bringing art flair to the common area, although I was still unimpressed by the lobby, there is basically nothing in there when I did my PDI. Its certainly not as fancy as many of the new builds out there that looks like fancy hotels when you go in. Maybe that will change.
I wonder about the shuttle bus. Only one shuttle bus for the entire complex? I would think at least two. And why have a transponder for the 407? That doesn't make sense, I heard the shuttle will drive to nearby attractions such as Fairview Mall and Bayview Village, its hard to see it going further. Intriguing

The art is nice but wouldn't have been so much better if the streets were lined with retail ...

I saw some early renderings for the newtonbrook development plaza and it looks like there's going to be a lot of retail; at least that was my hope from the renderings / site plan.

That's what this area is going to be missing, deperately ... it's not as if there's a lot of retail on Sheppard; I know there's a mall ... maybe that's the problem.

Bayview mall + farview so close.

Love the architectural designs...i've also noticed lots of units for sale by assignment. i guess it's very "investor" or speculator driven?

Again, retail is not needed everywhere and this is one location you don't need it. The Fairview Mall will have an impact on retail.

What is needed is the underground connection to the Sheppard Line as well a shorter walking distance to the GO station. A grocery store in walking distance is needed also not only for this complex, but for the whole development.

Again, retail is not needed everywhere and this is one location you don't need it. The Fairview Mall will have an impact on retail.

What is needed is the underground connection to the Sheppard Line as well a shorter walking distance to the GO station. A grocery store in walking distance is needed also not only for this complex, but for the whole development.

Well I wholeheartedly disagree ... I agree from a feasibility point of view maybe it wouldn't work here do to all the malls, but that's still a shame, and I think we'll regret it 20 years for now.

What about the lack of office space too ? It's a huge site and would benefit from a couple.

While the interior courtyard will not have retail, there is retail that faces Provost Dr. and Esther Shiner Blvd. Drum's last photo (above) is a close up of one of the retail units on the corner which will front on Provost. The stairs pictured go down to retail fronting on Esther Shiner (while the sidewalk descends on a slope of course).

While the interior courtyard will not have retail, there is retail that faces Provost Dr. and Esther Shiner Blvd. Drum's last photo (above) is a close up of one of the retail units on the corner which will front on Provost. The stairs pictured go down to retail fronting on Esther Shiner (while the sidewalk descends on a slope of course).

I'm not too worries about retail. Tango 1 will have retail facing Esther shiner and Tango 2 will have retail facing Provost. This and the combination of discovery retail facing provost will be more than enough. We already have McDonald's and Starbucks with the opening in 2012 Spot coffee coming. There is no shortage of coffee places. Let's not forget the pizza pizza
And subway across the street. So maybe another bank? I think TD is already there. Only thing missing is just a grocery store. But I'm fine without one. I typically shop at no
Frills anyways and there no chance of that coming to this area. We got several other food joints in walking distance like the Peking man.

Last edited:
How about a T and T? I'm pretty sure there will be a large Asian resident population and there isn't one nearby. Bayview village has a Loblaws. I heard they might do a Sobey's eventually

We have a sunny supermarket up on Leslie and finch. Is that place any good?
Does any one know who the partnering Internet or
Fiber to the home will be?

Back