Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Skybean (SSC) posted this emporis pic of the model.

Never seen it before.... j'approve (me likey).

-

Lmodel.jpg

Finally an image! that is one sexy tower, and I love the treatment of the eastern portion of the Humming bird centre. This tower is going to look great from the flatiron building at Church.

A little tonguelike, a little platform-bootlike. Maybe Gene and the girls should have appeared here rather than doing the 7-11 rounds
sun09124l-gene.jpg

Well Gehry's AGO addition is said to be partly inspired by a skate. Maybe Liebeskind's L Tower is a reflection of his favourite 1960's footwear from Russ Meyer films.

Staring at that image made me realize it's basically just another box with a combover;)

That was precisely what I thought too! And yet, it might just be a passing stage, since the windows won't be anywhere near as transparent as they seem on the model, so the bulding might regain its solid form once it's built.

All the same - yes, yes, more like this!

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear, and now Daniel Libeskind has done the same thing to our most famous Peter Dickinson building.

P.S.

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear, and now Daniel Libeskind has done the same thing to our most famous Peter Dickinson building.

I'm concerned that the O'KeefeHummingSony,Sony canopy may spoil my view of Libeskind's most famous Toronto design (from the north and northeast POV).

The buildings looks great, but I'm not sure putting 300 foot long angled EMPORIS signs on it is a wise aesthetic choice...Grad House has its "O" but how will they ever cantilever EMPORIS that far off the side of the tower?

Back