Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

The design of the tower is great, the lobby is the best part in my opinion. I'm interested to see the reaction to it when it is released to the public.

Do you know when the renderings will be released and can you give us any detailed description of the design?

Is it going to be another grey, spandrel/glass box or something different? Can you at least tell us that?

May be it'll be grey and orangish-brown (instead of being all grey), and we all know those colors go really well together! toronto hasn't seen such an awesome mix yet....oh wait, it has....we have the parade towers at city-less-place. :p

Even if the design (initial render) for this tower is great, the main question is if that design will be retained right up to and including the actual construction phase....the better the initial rendering, the higher the chance the final product will have changed from that initial rendering to become more boxy and grey....it's a Toronto promise!

^^Can you at least wait until there's a render before posting your usual comment that the final building won't look like the render? And what possible connection does this project have to Parade?

The most important is the heritage bank building reconstruction. The tower itself design should not be too overpowering...

^^Can you at least wait until there's a render before posting your usual comment that the final building won't look like the render? And what possible connection does this project have to Parade?

Grimace, yes, I can wait, of course! I'm sorry for sounding negative, it's just that I'm afraid of what will show up as a render (especially after my hopes for the Indx tower on Temperance Street were dashed). As for the connection to Parade, well there is none, except for that I don't like the color scheme on that project (it's too grey). I do like the shape and the bridge component though! :)

lots of people can happily live in tiny spaces, i dont see why its such a huge "OMG".
The floorplate will probably be small but who cares. Usually im pretty exicted about 60 storeys, but its clear the bigger picture here is restoration/incorporation of the bank building. As long as the tower isnt overbearing or ugly, this project will be desirable to lots of people regardless of unit size. a lot of the buildings going up these days have tiny floorplates because of the limited lot size they are built on. We should be celebrating the fact that we are almost out of empty lots to build on, and now have to squeeze in narrow point towers wherever possible. Instead people seem bent on talking about the tiny condos that are the result. Coming from someone that lives in a small 1 bedroom condo, i have a hard time understanding why people are so against small spaces.

The smallest unit according the floor plan is the Junior 1 bedroom, Unit 13, 378 square feet. facing North.. Personally, i think it's a good layout and will be an attractive buy..

Back