Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

a'lil crane on crane action courtesy of frax ac on flickr.com

1806191487_f0f23406af_b.jpg

3 cranes for the Ritz and I believe there were 2 for RBC (it looks like two in the pic). It will look amazing when both of these projects start making their mark on the skyline.

People paying close attention to the construction in these phases will find out where the secret connections between the Ritz and RBC will be found...

What are those weird pieces they seem to be making a level out of? It looks like a quilt almost. They're not all uniform.

Trouble is that they don't own most of them. It's hard to develop what doesn't belong to you.

^^Ahh how I miss good ol' Simcity2000- imo, the best of the bunch.

What are those weird pieces they seem to be making a level out of? It looks like a quilt almost. They're not all uniform.

The quilt-like pattern being put together is the formwork, the panels which they will pour the concrete onto in order to create the floor-slabs - on some building sites they are more uniform than others-

Here is a great site from an Austrian company who build formwork and come up with new formwork technologies.

http://www.doka.com/doka/en_global/products/index.php
p5

I passed by this project yesterday. The crews were working on it at 7pm!!! Awesome. They are keen to get this completed. Refreshing compared to other SLOW projects!

Back