560     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 785     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 531     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved over a century ago? Insulators break down over time. Ground faults are still an everyday problem, which is why the circuity is equipped with GFI.

The fact that you think GF problems are a thing of the past belies a little ignorance on your part. Maybe you said that only to for the sake of argument.
What's the point of this.

Are you going to suggest that the streetcars that we've been using for over a century aren't actually running? Perhaps there's someone inside somewhere pedalling very hard?

Ground faults are still an everyday problem, which is why the circuity is equipped with GFI.

once again, you reveal that you have absolutely no clue what it is you're talking about.
You should have just left this alone....you're looking more and more like a fool.
Do you actually know how a GFCI works?

The fact that you think GF problems are a thing of the past belies a little ignorance on your part.

The fact that you don't know what a ground fault is, or how electric vehicals work indicates a large amount of ignorance on your part.

What's the point of this.

Are you going to suggest that the streetcars that we've been using for over a century aren't actually running? Perhaps there's someone inside somewhere pedalling very hard?

Sigh. No, I'm suggesting that grounds are a problem that streetcars face as a drawback vs. buses. The point of this is you s**t on me and I'm defending myself.

I think you understand exactly what I'm saying, you're just stirring the pot.

I'm suggesting that grounds are a problem that streetcars face as a drawback vs. buses.

And I'm telling you that you're clueless.....and you keep proving it.

I think you understand exactly what I'm saying,

Indeed, I understand that you don't have the foggiest.

once again, you reveal that you have absolutely no clue what it is you're talking about.
You should have just left this alone....you're looking more and more like a fool.
Do you actually know how a GFCI works?

The fact that you don't know what a ground fault is, or how electric vehicals work indicates a large amount of ignorance on your part.

Yeah, sure Doug, they eliminated grounds in electrical systems around the same time as small pox.

Sigh. No, I'm suggesting that grounds are a problem that streetcars face as a drawback vs. buses. The point of this is you s**t on me and I'm defending myself.

I think you understand exactly what I'm saying, you're just stirring the pot.
I have no clue what you are saying ... your trying to say that we shouldn't use streetcars because they won't work because of electrical problems? Have you observed this to be a problem? On a wet snowy day, the streetcars are moving fine, while the SRT is closed and the buses can't get up the hills!

This was all solved in the cenutry before last ...

Yeah, sure Doug, they eliminated grounds in electrical systems around the same time as small pox.

Where did I suggest they eliminated ground? Do you know what 'ground' means? I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't be making such stupid comments, clearly showing your ignorance of basic electroinics.

You've proven nothing.

Correct, never said I did....I said you've proven your ignorance many times....haveing to explain that to you is more proof!

Since I don't know what I'm talking about, please correct me, then you've proven something.

You refuse to answer basic questions, I'd have to start with the basics, buit I don't think you'd be able to grasp the concepts....as you've proven here, time and time again.

The TTC's own findings show that there is limited opportunities for streetcars to be cost effective.In "Opportunities For New Streetcar Routes" the TTC found that expanding Streetcar service, even using existing rolling stock, was not feasible. Of note was the finding that replacing bus routes on routes with less than 6,000* riders per hour during peak times was not recommended. No bus routes in the city exceeded that level.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/archives/reports/opportunities_for_new_streetcar_routes.pdf

at the time of the report the figure was 3600 peak passengers per hour per direction. They lowered the cutoff to 3000 pphpd to account for other benefits.

Correct, never said I did....I said you've proven your ignorance many times....haveing to explain that to you is more proof!

You refuse to answer basic questions, I'd have to start with the basics, buit I don't think you'd be able to grasp the concepts....as you've proven here, time and time again.

I answered your basic question:

With respect to a traction motor, Doug, it is when a conductive substance like water creates a path between an energized conductor, such as a cable leading to the traction motor, and likely a frame.

Now if what I've said, in answer to your question is incorrect, then correct it. It's there for all to see...

I answered your basic question:

No, you didn't.

Now if what I've said, in answer to your question is incorrect, then correct it. It's there for all to see...

What you 'explained' is something commonly called a short circuit, not a ground fault. And, as previously explained to you, this is solved with insulators. Basic stuff man....but I can see that you don't really understand it...why continue to embarrass yourself?

No, you didn't.

What you 'explained' is something commonly called a short circuit, not a ground fault. And, as previously explained to you, this is solved with insulators. Basic stuff man....but I can see that you don't really understand it...why continue to embarrass yourself?

The path of the current in my example is not intended to be the frame of the streetcar. The frame is grounded. A ground is a result. A short would indicate that the leaked current is somehow finding it's way back to it's intended path (like shorting across a pair of conductors), but in my example, it is finding a path to ground via the frame.

Last edited:
The path of the current in my example is not intended to be the frame of the streetcar. The frame is grounded. A ground is a result. A short would indicate that the leaked current is somehow finding it's way back to it's intended path, but in my example, it is finding a path to ground via the frame.

Again, more proof that you're clueless....most of your post makes absolutely no sense, and you've completely missed the FACT that the streetcars connection to ground through the wheels IS the return path for the current flowing through its motors.

Please google this before making such a fool of yourself.

Again, more proof that you're clueless....most of your post makes absolutely no sense, and you've completely missed the FACT that the streetcars connection to ground through the wheels IS the return path for the current flowing through its motors.

Please google this before making such a fool of yourself.

Thank-you for finally explaining why I'm wrong! I don't mind being wrong, and I've learned two things... one is the return path for current from a streetcar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back