Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

It's 522k all in and about the east one it's right across from the second cup what do you think of the layout of the east one and potential view

My friend bought his unit facing west $522,000 with parking and a locker but he is very concerned that the 5th floor won't clear the adjacent building does anyone know if it will? I have heard mixed news on this
http://www.theberczy.com/pdf/planC4.pdf

Judging based on this image of the North Elevation, I think the 5th floor West view will not be clear.
Berczy_Report-5.jpg

Attachments

• Berczy_Report-5.jpg
    Berczy_Report-5.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 390
Only the 8th floor will have a clear west view from the roof top of the adjacent existing heritage building.

Attachments

• Berczy_Report-5.jpg
    Berczy_Report-5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 324
Do you think the developer held back on many units for the official public launch? Or are they just counting on people to rescind after 10 days?

I'd imagine they would try to sell the less desirable units closer to the beginning so they could attempt to resell if people rescind?

Do you think the developer held back on many units for the official public launch? Or are they just counting on people to rescind after 10 days?

I'd imagine they would try to sell the less desirable units closer to the beginning so they could attempt to resell if people rescind?

That could be it. Or not! They may keep all the good ones for their friends and families, like Streetcar Developments did with Two Gladstone and their other projects. It's clear that they are trying to sell all the difficult ones at the VIP stage, when the hype is still high because everyone wants to get their first crack at this project. The public opening is May 29, which is well beyond the 10 day recision period, so either you live with what you bought even though it's one of the "difficult" units, or you give it up and not knowing if you can get a better one or just another one at all later.

They've clearly created that sense of "not knowing" to keep the hype on high until the public opening: no actual price list released whatsoever, agents are as confused and frustrated as the buyers, their holding back and releasing just a little bit of the inventory - especially the smaller and more popular units - each day. They're making you feel that you are "lucky" to get anything that is available and within your reach in terms of price! With these sales tactics, you really have to try hard to keep your head straight. Do not buy just because you feel that you are the "lucky" one to get a unit while other people couldn't!

Evaluate your own situation, your own need and resources, if what you've got does fit you and your situation well - to live in or to invest doesn't matter - keep it!

If it does not, let it go, leave it for others, who are in a better position, to deal with. Move on, keep looking and you'll find something suit you better down the road.

Last edited:
I walked in today to have a look at the model and finishes. They said that 100 units had been sold by end of sales on Sunday.

What about the 7th floor facing east? The unit I have is very close to the corner of front & church almost across from the second cup and the layout would I get a descent amount of sunlight? The price of 334k what about that price at $512 a sq foot?

Thanks so much for the advice

Only the 8th floor will have a clear west view from the roof top of the adjacent existing heritage building.

What about the 7th floor facing east? The unit I have is very close to the corner of front & church almost across from the second cup and the layout would I get a descent amount of sunlight? The price of 334k what about that price at $512 a sq foot?

did you get parking for the unit B1? I don't understand how you get the 512 a sq ft. you paid $334k and the unit has 595 sq ft, that is $561 per sq ft. you will clear those buildings across the street so the sunlight should be ok. what I don't like about the B1 is what they call den, that space is very small, only 5ft. the kitchen is right on the entrance and it is a linear kitchen

Your unit will have a nice view, extremis, and decent sunlight.

The layout is not my favorite, but it's not too bad.

If you got it at $512/sqft, I say it's a good buy. Compared to the A3 unit that carturo15 got at $475/sqft with no view and 4 floors lower, I think your unit is a better investment. (Sorry, carturo15!)

Last edited:
Your unit will have a nice view, extremis, and decent sunlight.

The layout is not my favorite, but it's not too bad.

If you got it at $512/sqft, I say it's a good buy. Compared to the A3 unit that carturo15 got at $475/sqft with no view and 4 floors lower, I think your unit is a better investment. (Sorry, carturo15!)

$334k for 595 sq ft is not $512 psf, it's 561 psf. look at this price list sheet, one plus den $329.9 for 595 sq ft, that i sthe unit B1 on the 6th floor, 7th floor is $5k more expensive so it's $334.9, $562 psf

http://www.mylasso.com/FileWarehouse/Users/User_8173/Documents/Sales%20Information%20Sheet%20Final%20May%2012.pdf

I may have typed too fast there Carturo15 you are correct in the price per square foot beyond that are you going to keep your unit?

Anyone know if they most construction sites will get rid of existing trees to build and then replant other trees?

More specifically, I'm referring to the trees on Church Street. Does anyone know if they will take those down to build the condo or build around the trees?

Back