Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Love that first shot.

Why do people always apologize for photo quality? I'm sure the vast majority of the people on here understand that a large percentage of photos taken these days are taken with a cell phone, which may or may not be of high quality. And even if they don't, who cares? Are we all so frightened about what others think?

There actually are a couple posters on here that will rag on people for posting cell phone pictures, or blurry photos, or photos that are "over-processed." I know I don't have the time to get around the city as much myself anymore, so I personally appreciate any progress updates I can get

This is THE spot for a super tall. Let's do it!

I respectfully disagree. The tall towers in our CBD are close together enough, without jamming more in there. It would make our skyline look very "peaked" without much around it. I had the same feeling when I saw where Trump's site was (back when it was supposed to be bigger).

I think our tall towers should spread out, especially east of Yonge, where there are plenty of surface lots and lowrise buildings just waiting to be redeveloped into something huge. Yonge St should be a central street, not the eastern edge of the downtown/CBD.

Agreed - the CBD has good massing now and I would prefer to see things spread out a little. If a supertall is built 2 or 3 blocks from the current CBD, it will become a magnet for more infill around it. I don't care which direction, but east of Yonge might make the most logistical sense.

There actually are a couple posters on here that will rag on people for posting cell phone pictures, or blurry photos, or photos that are "over-processed." I know I don't have the time to get around the city as much myself anymore, so I personally appreciate any progress updates I can get

I agree not everyone takes photography as a hobby. Some just point and click. Forum is for encouraging discussion and exchange of ideas. Pictures just give reference to what is on topic and visual progress.

I think our tall towers should spread out, especially east of Yonge, where there are plenty of surface lots and lowrise buildings just waiting to be redeveloped into something huge. Yonge St should be a central street, not the eastern edge of the downtown/CBD.

I am unsure of how much room is actually available directly east of the CBD. The St. Lawrence neighborhood is pretty much untouchable (and rightly so, in my opinion) due to its irreplaceable stock of Victorian buildings. East of Yonge and south of the tracks, go ahead and build all you want, but east of Yonge between the tracks and Queen? I personally like the contrast between the historic low-rise St. Lawrence district and the dynamic, tall CBD (we all know the famous vista of the Gooderham building in front of Brookfield Place), and would fight against its replacement with high-rises.

I am unsure of how much room is actually available directly east of the CBD. The St. Lawrence neighborhood is pretty much untouchable (and rightly so, in my opinion) due to its irreplaceable stock of Victorian buildings. East of Yonge and south of the tracks, go ahead and build all you want, but east of Yonge between the tracks and Queen? I personally like the contrast between the historic low-rise St. Lawrence district and the dynamic, tall CBD (we all know the famous vista of the Gooderham building in front of Brookfield Place), and would fight against its replacement with high-rises.

I love Old Town around Front and King street east of Yonge.. I mean more north in around where there are vast empty parking lots and low rise blah buildings built in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Par exemple.

And streetview.

Surely west of the CDB is a lot more ripe for major development, with University and even Spadina as reasonable candidates more major intensification. (Indeed, just look at the new projects that have cropped up in the area of Front to Queen, University to Spadina.)

Surely west of the CDB is a lot more ripe for major development, with University and even Spadina as reasonable candidates more major intensification. (Indeed, just look at the new projects that have cropped up in the area of Front to Queen, University to Spadina.)

I like the buildings moving east as well as west just because I want Yonge to be more of a main street.. And I don't like the huge drop off after Scotia to the east.

Lets get back on topic related to Trump and move the rest in to general discussions.

There should be 2 types of jibs crane for this building like the rest of the tall buildings.

The first one will dismally the current tower crane. Once that is done, that jib crane will be dismally by a smaller jib crane. The smaller jib crane can be taken down by the elevator.

I don't care how good or bad a photo or video is as it show what is taking place at the time when people who do take photos are not around or its something that has been over looked.

Not all cellphone have cameras in them and some that do don't have a good one since that was not the main selling point.

As noted, not everyone is into photo shooting and only want to discuses things. Nothing wrong with discuses things and one reason I don't when things goes off track.

I like shooting more than discuses things. I shot when I get the chance and in the area. Not in TO this week and most likely miss the removal of the tower crane.

The old saying is "a picture says a thousand words". I have seen photos of things that I have miss shooting as I thought things were done or not started yet.

It is also nice to have more people doing photo shooting than a few of us that do most of the shooting in the first place.

I am not a professional photographer like a few people here, but I have learn a few things from them to help me to be a better photographer.

On top of that there are people here with various background related to construction and they become teacher by explaining why things are done this way or not that way. I have my own field of experience, but not used that much these days.

Return to the Trump Tower updates.

Last edited:
Sorry bout the cell phone quality, i was lugging a guitar over my shoulder instead of my DSLR
GNEnq.jpg

this shot is wicked!!! For some reason, Trump looks like it has a lot of room around it (aka. looks really spacious with the surroundings)... i appreciate what this tower has done for Bay and Adelaide... very powerful when viewed from street level.

Back