Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

No it is not a joke sadly. All retail shopping centres will also be closed on weekdays, and municipal garbage pickup is canceled indefinitely.

This recession... sigh...

Short, crisp, well written, nice delivery, and funny.
Gei, I am impressed, pleased and little proud.
Your technique reminds me of ....me.
You get an 'A' in Sarcasm 101.

4 March 2009 photo update

Will get a lovely view of this project from McCaul this Spring/Summer:

dsc00094hfb.jpg

from the Ritz webcam...they are getting up there....

20090307_09-55-23.jpg

Nice pics!

That one from McCaul reminds me of some Asian city: old and somewhat krunk midrises slapped together with a random glass tower in the background reminds one of the last decade+ of Asian tower-building.

This and Shangri-La.....I'm just all antsy waiting for them to be up and can't wait to see them sex-up the skyline.

anyhow... its the first condominium fllor working on.. as of this fllor till the last one which will make up the 52...last floor itd the mechancal floor...

From page 11 of this thread, posted by Mike in TO:

Construction schedule (as reported in Globe and Mail):

Bottom of excavation - May
Late May/Early June - installation of the footings
Construction should reach grade by February or March 2008
Construction to reach top of hotel portion by September 2008
Construction to reach top of residences by August 2009

It's safe to say they're a bit behind schedule, as in at least 6 months. Seems to be the standard these days, but the thing is they were almost complete digging when those dates were posted. What gives?

It's safe to say they're a bit behind schedule, as in at least 6 months. Seems to be the standard these days, but the thing is they were almost complete digging when those dates were posted. What gives?

they seem to have gotten stuck around floor 21/22 for months - literally. I walk by there every day and remember the first 20 floors going up pretty quickly.
maybe they put all their manpower and effort into that big ole podium? just a theory

It's entirely different manpower. The laborers doing the forming aren't going to nip downstairs to put up steel, nor are the ironworkers doing the steel going to go upstairs to pour concrete.

Back