Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Probably minimal, considering boarding times constitute the majority of dwell time during rush. That said - given the impact each track level incident have on the overall system, I would say platform doors are long overdue.

AoD

Last edited:
Holey is coming close to the future Kill-Finch station. From TYSSE site:

Holey has just completed the milestone of crossing under Toro Road at Keele Street and is expected to break through the headwall at the Keele Street extraction shaft in late April. Holey has completed 80% of the first drive!

Thank god at least one transit project is under construction and not in preparation-evaluation-assessment-review state.

Thank god at least one transit project is under construction and not in preparation-evaluation-assessment-review state.

Both the Georgetown corridor and $1B Union Station renovations are well underway and on schedule.

So, that's 3 major projects.

I'd toss the central part of Eglinton into that mix as well since it's schedule and resources have not been impacted, just the eastern chunk.

Last edited:
Both the Georgetown corridor and $1B Union Station renovations are well underway and on schedule.

So, that's 3 major projects.

I'd toss the central part of Eglinton into that mix as well since it's schedule and resources have not been impacted, just the eastern chunk.

agreed with Georgetown and Union Station; I would put Eglinton in "preparation" category though. I should've been more specific--what I had in mind is to have either LRT or subway lines being constructed at the moment in Toronto, not just any transit-related project in GTA...

agreed with Georgetown and Union Station; I would put Eglinton in "preparation" category though. I should've been more specific--what I had in mind is to have either LRT or subway lines being constructed at the moment in Toronto, not just any transit-related project in GTA...

Georgetown will be a full fledged metro line when fully complete (grade separation underway is phase 1; Go still needs to figure out how to electrify the beast and boost frequencies).

Last edited:
Eglinton is well beyond "preparation" -- there's a very sizeable hole in the ground.
Sometimes even sizeable holes get filled... I am almost 100% sure it is not going to happen to the Crosstown, but I would feel better if TBMs were digging tunnels... Still, even that stage is not completely irreversible, but I would feel more certain :)

Sometimes even sizeable holes get filled... I am almost 100% sure it is not going to happen to the Crosstown, but I would feel better if TBMs were digging tunnels... Still, even that stage is not completely irreversible, but I would feel more certain :)

By this time next year you should be pretty comfortable.

Nitpick - depending on which part of the Union Station work you are referring to, it is either "on time", "more-or-less on time", "quite delayed" or "very delayed".

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Georgetown will be a full fledged metro line when fully complete (grade separation underway is phase 1; Go still needs to figure out how to electrify the beast and boost frequencies).

In what way would Georgetown be considered a "metro" by any stretch of the imagination?

In what way would Georgetown be considered a "metro" by any stretch of the imagination?

I think S-Bahn would be a more appropriate comparison, but even that is stretching it a bit, because a lot more stops in Toronto would need to be added for that to be an accurate comparison.

I think S-Bahn would be a more appropriate comparison, but even that is stretching it a bit, because a lot more stops in Toronto would need to be added for that to be an accurate comparison.

Agreed. "Metro" to me = "Subway" (or "Tube"/"Underground"). Even 15 min service on a GO line is not that

Back