Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

Unfortunately the opposite has happened on Yonge Street, with the Downtown BIA installing sidewalk lamp posts of limited usefulness. It would be better to put up a series of Paris-style smaller posts to protect pedestrians from heavy and often fast four-lane traffic. My preference, though, would be to restrict Yonge St. to two lanes, widen sidewalks and set up curbed bike lanes. As I recall, the extended lane restrictions at Gould didn't lead to major problems.

Even better, turn it into a 2-3 lane one-way south-bound with wider sidewalks and a bike lane.

It could work, but Torontonians don't seem to be very fond of one-way streets. If they are narrow enough (instead of five-lane Adelaide, for instance), I think it would work just as well as St. Catherine St. in Montreal.

The concern over height has to do with overshadowing onto the adjacent park at College Park, which is supposed to have minimum shadow impact protections in place. That's all. Don't get your panties in a knot. If this building was going up in front of your living room, after years and years of high-rise construction all around you, you might feel differently too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the opposite has happened on Yonge Street, with the Downtown BIA installing sidewalk lamp posts of limited usefulness.

Not to mention those ridiculous "Information" kiosks that are popping up which are really 4 or 5 foot wide advertising panels that block the flow of foot traffic.

The concern over height has to do with overshadowing onto the adjacent park at College Park, which is supposed to have minimum shadow impact protections in place. That's all. Don't get your panties in a knot. If this building was going up in front of your living room, after years and years of high-rise construction all around you, you might feel differently too.

Not sure if this comment is directed at me but I'm merely stating my opinion in a very neutral way; I'm not getting my panties in a knot. Perhaps you should do us all a favour and start wearing panties in the first place! :)

You shouldn't be surprised by constant construction if you live downtown (like I also do). That should be expected in a city like Toronto. :)

I do expect it, I'm not saying that I don't. However, my immediate surroundings have been subject to more construction in the last decade than most areas of the City. I'm not trying to stop the development, I'm trying to get something a little more slender than what is being proposed so that my unit and my surroundings are less impacted - and my arguments are based in the City's policy framework - and my arguments are being taken seriously from what I can see. Its a quality of life and environment argument, and its a perfectly reasonable stance for a resident to take. I support a lot of what is being proposed at this point. I'm not suggesting I'm entirely against it.

Last edited:
This location is for high-end residential projects. Not for cheap rental project. Just like urgly Motion 570 Bay totally destroy Dundas and Bay.

The only things getting destroyed at both locations are parking lots. There aren't enough quality rental buildings in this city. One thing we don't need more of is classism, however.

The only things getting destroyed at both locations are parking lots. There aren't enough quality rental buildings in this city. One thing we don't need more of is classism, however.

It's not worth discussing. He's basically saying that downtown should be for rich privileged people and that other people should go away. Look at his name: onebloorvip. He values money and materialism, not people and human decency.

You only interested to the login name??? No worth discussing with you as well. The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.

Oh dear, you sound a lot like kkgg7. Because I have to be politically correct, I can't say what similarities you have with him, however, many forumers here will know what I'm referring to. It's the attitude of the non-integrated that I'm disappointed in. Sigh. I think you're the third such person in as many months. I remember someone else making similar comments (to you and kkgg7) under the Infinity thread, etc. Sigh (again).

You only interested to the login name??? No worth discussing with you as well. The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.

1) There would never be a 50 storey condo at Two City Hall.
2) After many years (too many years) we are finally starting to see new, quality rentals in the downtown being built in the past decade and many set to be built - and that's a good thing for those who choose to rent, and not buy. The rendering for Motion looks fine to me, time will tell how it really turns out so I don't understand what the hate-on is with that project. Newer downtown rentals such as Jazz & Bay Club (the first two that come to mind) offer a variety of spacious and "livable" sized suites, good amenities, condo quality finishes, the latest in security features along with five or six appliances. Rental buildings also offer residents legal protections that thousands of rental condos do not. I also think it's safe to say that rental buildings are also built to code so I don't understand how condos are all that "better".

CITY_LOVER:

I have no reason to believe the two are the same individuals - cultural background on the other hand...

As to the matter at hand:

The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.

Sorry, first of all, the site isn't that close to the financial core, and all things considered, hardly a "premium" site considering the neighbourhood. Second, RAW design is actually innovative - and Motion at Dundas and Bay isn't "urguly" either as per the renderings. And yes, there are quite a few rather unfortunate looking condos around the King and John area - so much so that they actually look like "rentals" more than anything else.

And please, the use of multiple question marks is just so classy - like the crowd from the Entertainment District. Dread what will happen to 1 Bloor is that's what's going to be moving into it.

AoD

Last edited:
It's not worth discussing. He's basically saying that downtown should be for rich privileged people and that other people should go away. Look at his name: onebloorvip. He values money and materialism, not people and human decency.

Boom!

Back