Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

That's not the spire. The spire is the huge white beam that goes down several floors. It will be jacked up. It's going to be massive. The part you're seeing is the dome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that spire was suppose to be taller. It looks really stumpy on that roof.

don't worry, the spire is nowhere near put in place. it will be much much taller, and supposedly 6ft taller than Scotia Plaza.... WIN!

I like how you put a Michael J. Fox touch on that video.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast the onion dome is coming together. At this rate it might even be finished by the end of the week. I was expecting this to take over a month.

Sorry, I guess it kind of ruined the vid, but i will try not to be so careless next time. I didn't have any video edit software and i was in a rush so I just went with it.

Random Q, but on the current subject; I've noticed a notice of Amendment for Sign Variance for Trump (and several other bldgs, incl the one at QueenWest & Portland) posted outside. What exactly is the variance for? Larger letters? Brighter lights? (I apologize if this has been answered previously)

August 31st

6100286669_e2f99e77bc_o.jpg

-

6100320181_99998a94ea_o.jpg

Last edited:
It's a small quibble, but that inner band would've looked better as a curve/arc instead of a straight line. But who knows, maybe it'll end up making sense once it's all clad.

Well, if the dome was going to look all filligreed like that, they should have made the rest of the skyscraper some 900 ft. throwback to Art Nouveau instead of the mid-90s institutional thing we ended up getting.

Like the Woodwards tower in Vancouver, except in green.

It's a small quibble, but that inner band would've looked better as a curve/arc instead of a straight line. But who knows, maybe it'll end up making sense once it's all clad.

I don't get that. Some of the bands are curved, then you have that big straight one in the middle. I thought they'd all be curved.

ya thats what i thought to. then remembered the modle of roof

I don't get that. Some of the bands are curved, then you have that big straight one in the middle. I thought they'd all be curved.

that straight piece will be hidden. according to a few images quite a few pages back with about four shots of the roof in black and white photos. i cant post them.. but they show how this straight piece is just for braceing it up rather then for the decretive feature. ill look through and see if i can find what i mean. :cool:

Last edited:

Back