News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 570     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

From Eric Sehr, here's a very clear schematic of the Frequent Network in Toronto

http://www.humantransit.org/2012/11...m_campaign=Feed:+HumanTransit+(Human+Transit)

Bigger: http://i.imgur.com/LK6Ud.jpg?7983

LK6Ud.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs Historical map...A little history lesson in map form...

Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I thought this looked interesting. Thank you to Spacing for the Toronto Maple Leafs subway map (http://spacingtoronto.ca/2012/11/20/toronto-maple-leafs-history-told-in-a-subway-map/).

View attachment 9754

BO: This is quite interesting and clever in its design-I feel now that these can be created for sports teams that are in any city
with a large predominantly rail transit system...

We begin here with the Maple Leafs hockey team...Any of the original six NHL teams can have map histories created even though
Detroit has just the People Mover currently in the realm of rail transit...

Other good examples could be teams like the New York Yankees baseball team which could have an extensive map with their rich
history to match NYC Transit's large system...

These can be quite interesting to both sports and transit fans...Those that like both would enjoy these maps...

LI MIKE

Hi guys! I managed to come up with this map out of boredom. It reflects what, in my opinion, are areas in need of rapid transit in Downtown Toronto. I'm new the city so don't devour me!. I think the Queen streetcar could then be divided in three legs: Long Branch-Parkdale, Parkdale-Corktown (Downtown Queen route), and Corktown-Neville Park. Financial station would be linked by tunnel to King station (and possibly St. Andrew, creating a Path-like tunnel –an underground King Street, sort of–).

drld.png

Hi guys! I managed to come up with this map out of boredom. It reflects what, in my opinion, are areas in need of rapid transit in Downtown Toronto. I'm new the city so don't devour me!. I think the Queen streetcar could then be divided in three legs: Long Branch-Parkdale, Parkdale-Corktown (Downtown Queen route), and Corktown-Neville Park. Financial station would be linked by tunnel to King station (and possibly St. Andrew, creating a Path-like tunnel –an underground King Street, sort of–).

drld.png

I like this, this allows for an extension on Jane and Don Mills for an outer ring.

Oh great. Someone redrew the *alignment for illustration purposes only* map from the study report that explicitly did not study alignments or station locations while removing the *alignment for illustration purposes only* message from it.

Also, they put Cosburn station at O'Connor rather than Cosburn.

Gotta love maps where a subway takes an instant 90 degree turn within the space of a station. Playing a bit too much SC4 methinks.

And just from a colouring perspective: at first glance, I thought the DVP & Gardiner was the DRL. If your map is trying to illustrate a specific thing, don't make that thing black and other less important things red and yellow.

Also interesting how the University and Spadina lines look like two completely separate lines.

Moving on to the actual route though, I'd say there are too few stations in and around downtown, particularly on the east side. The spacing shouldn't be wider than what it is on Bloor-Danforth. I'd have stations at (east of Yonge): Jarvis, Parliament, Broadview. Also in the west, add a station in at Bathurst (how was that one missed?).

my absolutely absurd never-ever-ever-ever-going-to-happen-doesn't-even-make-sense-from-a-planning-perspective-all-subways map:

absurd_zps27f1121b.jpg

Odd that you have the Eglinton and Lakeshore lines hit Hurontario but not the Bloor line.

I find the routing to make the bloor line much less feasible (too low density) than for eglinton and queen. Probably for the best as well because the queen and eglinton lines will get much less usage than bloor.

Dundas is one of the busiest local transit corridors in the 905. MT's 1/101/201 Dundas + Express gets around 20,000 boardings per weekday.

In comparison, before the realignment 19/102/202 Hurontario + Express saw 26,000, while VIVA Blue + 99 Yonge gets 22,000 boardings per weekday.

Back