News   Apr 24, 2024
 166     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 607     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

So I had my PDI, and everything was OK except for 2 MAJOR issues.

1) My Concrete floors are uneven. So much so that I wouldn't even be able to lay floors on them until its leveled off. there is a large ridge that runs right through the centre of the unit.

2) No HVAC vents in the bedrooms. According to the builder, the d...esign of the HVAC system was based on the walls not going to ceiling height and since i opted for 9 foot walls its my problem not theirs.

Other than that, the unit looks good. we will see what they do to fix it

I would look into this. I don't think the builder can give you a unit that doesn't meet code. When I renovated my office space to enclose three offices, I was required to move HVAC's so that there would be at least one HVAC in each office. I think the builder is saying this because of the expense to do the work. If you paid for the upgrades that they offered, I'm sure that it has to meet code. Good luck!

1) My Concrete floors are uneven. So much so that I wouldn't even be able to lay floors on them until its leveled off. there is a large ridge that runs right through the centre of the unit.

2) No HVAC vents in the bedrooms. According to the builder, the d...esign of the HVAC system was based on the walls not going to ceiling height and since i opted for 9 foot walls its my problem not theirs.

How many weeks do you have your PDI before getting the keys? What floor is this?

Post some pics please!

So by my calculation, they give about 12 days per floor to move in. This means absolutely nothing, but interesting. I'm on the 10th, and moving in December 22 - Christmas Eve Eve Eve.

Looks good! We have the same bathroom floor tile and backsplash (I chose the darkest brown cabinetry though). And the same kitchen stuff (didn't get the stainless though)

Glad the closets are so deep!

Question for everyone: how many windows actually open?

So im suppose to move in December and its now Nov 1st and still no word from their lawyer regarding my occupancy fees. Can anyone inform me how much time before occupancy closing that they provide these numbers???

And if anyone isn't afraid to disclose this but what are the occupancy fees floating around at??? over 2G's anyone???....and yes i do know it depends on how much you owe the builder and size of unit but id like to be reassured its not crazy high or else i might just have to assign my unit lol.

Thanks if anyone can help with this post.

So im suppose to move in December and its now Nov 1st and still no word from their lawyer regarding my occupancy fees. Can anyone inform me how much time before occupancy closing that they provide these numbers???

And if anyone isn't afraid to disclose this but what are the occupancy fees floating around at??? over 2G's anyone???....and yes i do know it depends on how much you owe the builder and size of unit but id like to be reassured its not crazy high or else i might just have to assign my unit lol.

Thanks if anyone can help with this post.

I received my interim occupancy fees notice about a week before my PDI. I am paying less than 1500 for mine.

He just released a video of his 'renovations'. What a difference!

[video=youtube;1E2FL31vFM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E2FL31vFM4[/video]

Realtor David Fleming just posted a video of his PDI on his blog.

Here it is!

[video=youtube;o72fK8XXkQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72fK8XXkQg[/video]

So he turned his loft into a condo in the suburbs. I like that he added the walls, floors are OK, but wow, those tiny baseboards are ugly.

Seems like he had no idea that he was purchasing a loft.

Back