News   Mar 28, 2024
 83     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Humber Tower (Finch & 27 Area)

it was an office building but then was vacated...

I hope you will get your answer, eventually, but this picture is not what I expected. (This functions in this context of demolition, like a picture from a reconnaissance aircraft, before a bombing mission. :))

.​

Well, that thread certainly didn't provide any answers as to why the building was demolished.

2544 6700 Finch Avenue and Changes classification

1972-10-16 325

Humber College from IC-2 to IC-1 for Boulevard business and professional office buildings, subject to conditions

So the building must have been built around 1972 ...

A lot of buildings like this in outer 416 are having a hard time competing with similar buildings found in nearby 905 because of the property tax differences. Could be building something else will be more profitable.

you can easily stick in town homes anywhere in Toronto and sell them like hotcakes...

for people who wish to live in Toronto they would live anywhere to get something new (which is not a condo).

Humber's on a bit of a building binge, and yet 300 ft from campus a perfectly useable building is demo'd to make way for ... more vacant land.:rolleyes:

As I may have suggested elsewhere, don't count out "sick building" issues like asbestos, et al, in rendering a building like this expendable...

Back