News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 739     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, scan through the condo guide, smaller developments we discuss on UT, and you can imagine 1/3 of them will NEVER get built.

I can think of some right away==Queen East, LV, perhaps some on King W and E, Etobicoke, STC, College St/Little Italy townhouses, new developers to Toronto including ... bazis??? And those ugly things being sold in the wilderness--Markham, Allen Rd, Don Mills, St Clair W, etc.

The only company on site right now is Eastern Soil. They're drilling all over the place. Once in awhile I've seen a surveyor. EllisDon has about 6 signs up on the site. I believe there is a meeting at the end of this month that will determine whether or not they get the necessary permits to go ahead.

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PERMIT YET?!?! If this building isn't even approved, why the hell did they demolish shops and restaurants for what might be doomed to be a parking lot?!

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PERMIT YET?!?! If this building isn't even approved, why the hell did they demolish shops and restaurants for what might be doomed to be a parking lot?!
This has been discussed a lot over the past 20 pages or so.

I think it goes in stages. First they get the demolition permit, then the shoring permit, then the excavation permit, etc. etc.

It is weird the way the process works.

Yes I agree but this is not an isolated case with 1 bloor east other developments have followed a similar timeline.

Agreed though, it doesn't make much sense.

Yeah I don't think the zoning by laws or usage by laws would allow a parking lot. What it would become if it wasn't built right away, (which it will be anyway) is a boarded up area. Which is just as bad, but at least it doesn't look like a paved field.

This is the only reason why they haven't started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 201447 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And who was laughing at my suggestion (5 pages ago) that we would have 10 more pages of discussions about parking lots and this project not going ahead?

To make it look this it's going ahead to the nervous flippers in there. Par for the course with this builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back