News   Mar 28, 2024
 450     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 383     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 733     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Queen West Triangle, Urbancorp, 20 + 8s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

5874948635_3bd5eb84c5_b.jpg

5875508704_c7aa00bd38_b.jpg

Well 'Aslop' did a sloppy, half-assed, Kirkor-esque job. Urbancorp should have stuck to the original plan by Alsop which was scrapped around 2004-5.

When is the closing date!?!?!?!

This is the longest occupancy period I have ever heard of. This is insane.

That is no surpise given Urbancorp's track record ... buyers beware I suppose?

The original design by Baird Sampson Neuert was a million times better than this generic crap by Kirkor. The Alsop designed tower (south of the tracks) never made it to the marketing phase and was switched to the repulsive Bridge Condos. I can't find any renderings online for the Alsop design anymore but I remembered it looking fun and colorful, like the OCAD expansion. The buildings completed so far in the QW Triangle are horrendous, although the UrbanCorp phases currently U/C and in sales look decent so there's still hope in salvaging this area. Liberty Village however is sinking further into architectural bleakness.

http://www.bsnarchitects.com/

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:
I would consider this as one of the worst case of architectural bait-and-switch of late. The fact that they can get away with something this blatant just blows my mind - the only remotely "legal" parallel is fast food ads.

AoD

This is as bad as the condos going up in Liberty Village. Urbancorp is just awful.

Last edited:
This is as bad as the condos going up in Liberty Village. Urbancorp is just awful.

I don't know what it is, but the west end got screwed over in this mad dash for new "pop-up" brownfield redevelopment neighbourhoods. Massey Harris lands, Cityplace, Fort York, Liberty Village, Queen West Triangle...quick & nasty cheap crap.

It seems the east end is getting better designed brownfield redevelopment projects, which is strange as it's always been the more "down-and-out" part of town.....West Donlands, Distillery, Regent Park, Southtown, East Bayfront. And of course, it is home to the grand-daddy of all successful brownfield redevelopments...St lawrence.

The city seemed to just fall asleep in the west end, and let the lowest common denominator developments quickly fill the space.

Aslop designed this building so take that into consideration. I think it's the nicest one in the wqw triangle.
This is obviously incorrect, but I wonder how many other buyers believe the same? Bait & switch indeed.

Back