Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Someone needs to change the 62 listed on the title...

That's not sufficient evidence to necessitate a change. I wouldn't go by the sales brochure as its quite common for developers to skip floors when selling units. A unit on the 65th floor is most likely only on the 62th floor. Above all the City Planning report is the most accurate and legitimate source for building information.

As for the render, I counted 62 floors plus what looks to be 6 mechanical levels. Mechanical floors are not included in UT floor counts.

Last edited:
That's not suffice evidence to necessitate a change. I wouldn't go by the sales brochure as its quite common for developers to skip floors when selling units. A unit on the 65th floor is most likely only on the 62th floor. Above all the City Planning report is the most accurate and legitimate source for building information.

As for the render, I counted 62 floors plus what looks to be 6 mechanical levels. Mechanical floors are not included in UT floor counts.

I wasn't stating to put 65, but perhaps 60s, as I don't believe its officially 62 floors. We don't know as of yet.

Not very long ago, I wished that this area would becoming a booming destination community with lots of shops, restaurants, perhaps even nightclubs or whatnot; but the longer I work, the more I long coming home to a quiet area. I love the hustle and bustle of downtown and the 24/7 aspect of it, but I realize I love coming home to something quiet. If I need my dose of crazy, downtown is a 5 minute drive away.

I would love to see more restaurants, and perhaps a few more shops, but that's it.

Totally agree with you Filip. Think I'd be happy with some more retail/restaurants and perhaps some boutique shopping area and that's about it. Unless they really do something about expanding Lakeshore or adding better mass transit options.

Interesting that their 65th Floor and likely indicative of their unit offerings tops out at a 2 bedroom at 822 SqFt. Surprised they didn't just max out footage on the penthouse and build million dollar luxe units. Looks like it will be a very high density and expensive project (that 485 SqFt unit is at $800+ wow!)

Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here but found this site http://www.truecondos.com/eau-du-soleil-getting-to-know-the-site/
Has it been confirmed that the space in front of Jade is going to remain as parkland?

Love the design and happy that more development is happening down here. What concerns me is that there's still no good public transit option servicing it.

according to sales office, Empire has 'pre-assigned' all floors from 17 to 66 to their "President's Club" top producing real estate brokerages ... everything is agent/broker sale only at this time ...

no floors will be skipped in E.D.S., there will be all 4s and 13

LED lighting strips will run down on the faces of the tower following the diagonal/curved metal panels, which should be quite interesting:

6944174976_efb185b205_b.jpg

7090244851_24fac2de0f_b.jpg

6944179928_53b2a8d03c_b.jpg

6944175760_7b6168b0ea_b.jpg

So has this project already been approved or is it still going through the planning process? I can never seem to find applications or line drawings for projects at Humber Shores, such as Lago.

Looks beautiful, but many of the main features (i.e., the roof, diagonal stripes, etc.) seem to be prime targets for cheapening :( I can easily see them putting a tiny sloped roof with no curve, and as for the diagonal lines; I can see those being replaced by fritted balcony glass. I hope that I'm wrong on this though.

EDS is releasing their lower floor, podium level suites very soon to the Platinum-level agents. Should be some very nice suites with MASSIVE terraces if anyone is looking for a backyard in their condo :D

Lots of competition in this area now with Ocean Club releasing more floors, Conservatory group launching Waterways, and Jade, Lago etc. still plugging along. Not to mention Conservatory and Monarch still have future sites yet to launch here. Got to be careful not to turn this place into "Cityplace: Waterfront edition" :rolleyes:

Interesting that their 65th Floor and likely indicative of their unit offerings tops out at a 2 bedroom at 822 SqFt. Surprised they didn't just max out footage on the penthouse and build million dollar luxe units. Looks like it will be a very high density and expensive project (that 485 SqFt unit is at $800+ wow!)

I know for a fact that there a terrace suites on floors 10-18 that are in the 1100 sq ft range with huge terraces (the ones Andrew is referring to above). They are not being released yet (though a few have been sold already during the vvvvvip stages) but yeah it is odd that in a building like this there isn't a super baller penthouse.

Last edited:
there is a special 'broker preview' event announced for Oct 24 - maybe they have finally received city approval for this project...

There's a stunning rendering floating around the Globe and Mail today - full page ad.

2012_10_09_01_33_17_eau_du_soleil.jpg

This but in HD would be greatly appreciated!

Wow they must be desperate, it was in every issue of the Saturday star as well ! ... what a waste of paper ! It was stunning though ... and huge ! Probably 1M long by half a meter.

Back