1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

Evocative Images of Lost Toronto

Wow those floats sure look elaborate.

Parade-Viaduct.jpg

This is Yonge looking north, just south of Wellington. (CORRECTED) - date unknown.

KingtowardsYonge.jpg

Last edited:
Royal visit at King & York (Globe & Mail Building behind):
globebuilding-2-1.jpg
I know this picture is from the first page of the thread..and someone has probably already had this exact same mini-rant....but being the only decent picture i have seen of this building, im stunned.... Its just as stunning as the Toronto Star building was. I LOVE tall buildings but its a damn shame that the globe and star buildings....the 2 finest office buildings in toronto history IMO (both tied with commerce court north) were both knocked down for the fcp complex. Dont get me wrong i love FCP and the exchange tower. 298 meters plus another 146 is hard to argue with, but its too bad the facades werent preserved at least...

..................... its too bad the facades werent preserved at least...

A few of the sculptural panels from the old Globe Building (see attached) have been preserved and are on display at the Guild Inn.

Attachments

• Globe.jpg
    Globe.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 286
A few of the sculptural panels from the old Globe Building (see attached) have been preserved and are on display at the Guild Inn.

Yes I remember reading that on wiki. The sculptural panels were indeed preserved but the streamline-moderne/art-deco Facade should have been preserved as a whole.... I cant blame them though, it was the 70's and i guess the optimism of a project of such magnitude (FCP and exchange tower) stopped the naysayers from having much impact

Last edited:
Here's the original rendering. Perhaps the new G & M building to be built at Spadina and Front amy want to re-create this?

e7c1b14d.png

I went over my monthly bandwith limit with Photobucket now my photo's don't show up here , all I can see is upgrade to Pro. I'm too cheap. Any help.

Last edited:
"I went over my monthly bandwith limit with Photobucket now my photo's don't show up here , all I can see is upgrade to Pro. I'm too cheap. Any help. "
QUOTE brewster.

Brewster Sir,

This is a total "cop out"! So, let me get this straight:

You get the forum members here "hooked" on your postings and then refuse to pay the piper on only your behalf.

Like the birds, chirp, cheep, cheap!

Which Dear Sir is more important, your wine, women, and song (Yes I know, you will drink & sing when you get old.)

or our "daily fixx" of Scarberia of old/new?

Let me see, today is Sept 11, there are 30 days in this month; 19 daze left.

Get with the programme!

(ROTFLM_O)

Kind regards,
J T

"I went over my monthly bandwith limit with Photobucket now my photo's don't show up here , all I can see is upgrade to Pro. I'm too cheap. Any help. "
QUOTE brewster.

Brewster Sir,

This is a total "cop out"! So, let me get this straight:

You get the forum members here "hooked" on your postings and then refuse to pay the piper on only your behalf.

Like the birds, chirp, cheep, cheap!

Which Dear Sir is more important, your wine, women, and song (Yes I know, you will drink & sing when you get old.)

or our "daily fixx" of Scarberia of old/new?

Let me see, today is Sept 11, there are 30 days in this month; 19 daze left.

Get with the programme!

(ROTFLM_O)

Kind regards,
J T

I'll figure something out J.T. , I am in negotiations with my wife to use her credit card but her trust with the all mighty , all knowing internet is at an all time low.

"I am in negotiations with my wife to use her credit card but her trust with the all mighty , all knowing internet is at an all time low."
QUOTE brewster.

What ever you do Sire, don't show the above to your wife; she just may come after me with an axe!

(LOL)

Kind regards,
j t

I am very safe J.T. as there is a good chance the Bachelor or So You Think You Have The Next American Video Talent To Survive might be on T.V. , in other words , she tv , me computer.

Back