Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Shore! 680 ft / 200m.

(model extremely hypothetical in form)
yonge201.jpg

201a.jpg

201b.jpg

201e.jpg

201d.jpg

Last edited:
nice finally some more good height around younge dundas- will make things when looking up and around seem more grand especially when aura is done even though these are not exactly within the square

I'm very happy about this development, but it makes me worry about the fate of 205 Yonge. I fear the only way that building could be saved is if it gets incorporated into a larger development such as this one. Since it's left out of this development, it will be completely boxed in. That means that it might continue to face neglect or that there may be increased pressure for a facadectomy since developers will only be able to build on top of it and not around it.

I'm very happy about this development, but it makes me worry about the fate of 205 Yonge. I fear the only way that building could be saved is if it gets incorporated into a larger development such as this one. Since it's left out of this development, it will be completely boxed in. That means that it might continue to face neglect or that there may be increased pressure for a facadectomy since developers will only be able to build on top of it and not around it.

Well according to MOD Developments....moddevelopments @realchet as far as we know the current owner has no immediate plans for development.
Nothing wrong with an owner that wants to keep a heritage building on Toronto's main drag ...hopefully he finds a nice tenant.

Last edited:
Who does own 205 Yonge? Leaving it vacant would be an expensive hobby/gesture to preservationists. The taxes and necessary maintenance on an older stone structure would cost the proverbial pretty penny. Surely the status quo can't be maintained for long. (Why are pennies considered pretty, by the way?)

Who does own 205 Yonge? Leaving it vacant would be an expensive hobby/gesture to preservationists. The taxes and necessary maintenance on an older stone structure would cost the proverbial pretty penny. Surely the status quo can't be maintained for long. (Why are pennies considered pretty, by the way?)

This has been discussed elsewhere in the forum -- it's owned by an absentee owner, an Irishman who apparently bought it because he liked it. Unlike its neighbour at 197, it is a restored building--a very nice restoration was done in the 90s before what was then the Toronto Historical Board occupied it.

If anything I would think this is a positive for 205 Yonge. Sure it's not incorporated into this project but putting 60 stories of new residents on its doorstep has got to be a good incentive to utilize the space instead of just letting it fall into disrepair.

Back