Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

19 April 2012 with FH2 in background:

070mj.jpg

I'd be embarrassed to say "I live in Upside Down" condos lol.

The builder does not have to offer buy out options nor would that be welcome from the owners of the other 200 or so units who want to protect their investments. From what I understand when I bought into Phase 1 the development is not subject to current Tarion warranty rules that govern completion dates of new construction condos. Since its inception in 2007, Phase 1 was grand-fathered into the old rules which do not regulate completion dates. Hence why it has taken so long for this project to move towards completion.

If we don't end up moving in during the proposed Sept 2012 date, doesn't the builder have to offer all of the buyers a buy out option since this is the 4th time they'll have to extend the date? Like others had stated, what difference does a few months make, but offering a buy out adds a lot of pressure on the developer in the case that there are people who would take the buy out option.

Thanks to all of the contributors that have been keeping everyone in the loop with construction progress. It is nice to see the building growing and I am looking forward to a near future move in.

Hi how do you know that Phase 1 is not covered under the Tarion rules?. I checked the website for TArion and any purchase agreement signed on after July 1st 2008 falls into this rules.

Delayed Closing Warranty for Freehold Homes
For purchase agreements signed on or after July 1, 2008​

Every builder of a new freehold home in Ontario must provide the delayed closing warranty to buyers at the time the purchase agreement is signed. Through this warranty your builder is guaranteeing that your home will be completed by a mutually agreed upon Closing Date, or by a Closing Date that has been properly extended.

Details about the delayed closing warranty are provided in the Tarion Addendum attached to your purchase agreement. If you are unsure about your rights regarding closing delays you may wish to seek the advice of a lawyer.

Your builder has the option of providing one of two types of Closing Dates:

Firm Closing Date – For when your builder is confident the home can be completed by a specified date. If the date is not met, your builder is required to provide Delayed Closing compensation.

Tentative Closing Date – For when your builder is less able to determine a precise date that the home can be completed. For example, if construction has not yet started, or if there are unpredictable obstacles which could slow completion. This option allows your builder to extend the Closing Date twice, by up to 120 days each time, without paying compensation.

Does someone know how many times the tentative occupancy date for phase 1 has been changed?, was the changed from Dec 15 2011 to Sep 15 2012 the fist time?

Does someone know how many times the tentative occupancy date for phase 1 has been changed?, was the changed from Dec 15 2011 to Sep 15 2012 the fist time?

Wasn't there also a tentative move in date in 2010? I could've sworn that the recent change was the second one.

I'm pretty sure it was the second as well, but first for me since I signed... Drove by the site, base for the crane of p2 is there, workers were working on 5th or 6th floor... They must be pushing since the pay workers time and a half on Saturdays... Also heard we'll be receiving letters within the next 3-4 weeks with a new tentative move in date

I spoke with Amy today and she said she doesnt believe phase 1 will be done by September .

Anyone has heard anything different?, or anyone has a email phone number of whoever is in charged?

Original occupancy date was Sept 2010. I don't know anything about Tarion rules etc but I too was under the impression they could extend it only twice, then everyone would have the option of withdrawing...

On a good note, drove by the site last night and they are working away on the 6th floor. This was a bit exciting for me as my unit actually exists now! makes it seem much more real after being waiting for so long.

i do not have my purchase agreement with me but from what i recall Phase 1 is exempt from that section of the Tarion warranty (it could be possible that we aren't covered in any way under Tarion). it also doesn't seem likely that some unit owners are covered while others are not (pre-2008 vs. post-2008)

Hi how do you know that Phase 1 is not covered under the Tarion rules?. I checked the website for TArion and any purchase agreement signed on after July 1st 2008 falls into this rules.

Delayed Closing Warranty for Freehold Homes
For purchase agreements signed on or after July 1, 2008​

Every builder of a new freehold home in Ontario must provide the delayed closing warranty to buyers at the time the purchase agreement is signed. Through this warranty your builder is guaranteeing that your home will be completed by a mutually agreed upon Closing Date, or by a Closing Date that has been properly extended.

Details about the delayed closing warranty are provided in the Tarion Addendum attached to your purchase agreement. If you are unsure about your rights regarding closing delays you may wish to seek the advice of a lawyer.

Your builder has the option of providing one of two types of Closing Dates:

Firm Closing Date – For when your builder is confident the home can be completed by a specified date. If the date is not met, your builder is required to provide Delayed Closing compensation.

Tentative Closing Date – For when your builder is less able to determine a precise date that the home can be completed. For example, if construction has not yet started, or if there are unpredictable obstacles which could slow completion. This option allows your builder to extend the Closing Date twice, by up to 120 days each time, without paying compensation.

i do not have my purchase agreement with me but from what i recall Phase 1 is exempt from that section of the Tarion warranty (it could be possible that we aren't covered in any way under Tarion). it also doesn't seem likely that some unit owners are covered while others are not (pre-2008 vs. post-2008)

I recall that Electric City was open to the public to purchase after July 2008. I bought prior to public release and I am coverd (September 2008)

Is there anyone out there that bought in Phase 2 and has heard anything about our tentative move in date? When I bought I was told Dec 2012. I'm wondering how long of a delay they are anticipating. I've tried to reach out to Amy but she has not gotten back to me.

I bought in P2....Haven't heard a word I just come here for updates haha.

Is there anyone out there that bought in Phase 2 and has heard anything about our tentative move in date? When I bought I was told Dec 2012. I'm wondering how long of a delay they are anticipating. I've tried to reach out to Amy but she has not gotten back to me.

Was just at the site, took these pictures
2012-04-25 17.52.50.jpg
2012-04-25 17.50.18.jpg
2012-04-25 17.52.54.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-04-25 17.52.50.jpg
    2012-04-25 17.52.50.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 2012-04-25 17.50.18.jpg
    2012-04-25 17.50.18.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 441
  • 2012-04-25 17.52.54.jpg
    2012-04-25 17.52.54.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 472
Actually the tarion warrenty is good for only when the incorporated company started selling their first units..in other words you may have a purchase of sale agreement that was signed in July 2 2008 BUT if the company has an "Umbrella" and the other phases all fall under this "Umbrella" & if the first phase was in 2007..then it will fall under 2007 law! THIS IS FOR SURE! Unless you have a set of critical dates in your contract! Chek and see!

Back