Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

If this is only a single tower now I wonder if that's an indication that they're planning a much larger tower (i.e.; combining all of that density into one tower instead of two)

Good to see this moved from the back pages and the project becoming active. I was afraid this may not happen this cycle and it really needs to happen!

I just heard a pretty juicy piece of information from very a reliable source which, for reasons I can't go into, I strongly suspect relates to this site. Unfortunately I can't share more as it was confidential and is apparently not yet a sure thing. I know, not very helpful, but it's the best I can do.

I just heard a pretty juicy piece of information from very a reliable source which, for reasons I can't go into, I strongly suspect relates to this site. Unfortunately I can't share more as it was confidential and is apparently not yet a sure thing. I know, not very helpful, but it's the best I can do.

Tease.

Why do people do this??? If it's confidential then don't say anything, especially if it's not a sure thing! Until all the money is in place, and all the approvals are in hand, and the construction crews are on site - nothing is for certain. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Why do people do this??? If it's confidential then don't say anything, especially if it's not a sure thing! Until all the money is in place, and all the approvals are in hand, and the construction crews are on site - nothing is for certain. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

The info wasn't mentioned as being confidential per se but I very much expect that this person wouldn't want me publicising it. I just thought people might be interested to know that there are some potentially very intriguing things happening behind the scenes in Toronto right now. Should be a fun year.

How about I potentially enlighten you all to what Ramako is most likely referring to..

Firstly, this will almost certainly no longer be multiple towers, but instead one tower on the very eastern portion of the site- at least here they do not interfere with the subway tunnels. Costly expenditure otherwise.

Furthermore, and not steal your thunder Ramako...there are rumors of a certain UK architect making his Canadian residential debut. To be honest I have seen preliminary plans, but I am not at liberty to tell you much - they were sketchy at best, but interesting - hint: they like multi-coloured stacks.

Last edited:
This would tie in with what was reported several months ago, as tweeted by @blacktowertv, that Oxford was planning something very tall for Yonge & Bloor, with an architect whose initials are W.A......:cool:

ok, you two guys are killing me. Can anyone else please tell me who might fit the description of a UK architect initialed W. A.?

Back