Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Too short... should be at least 60 storys min.

Damn shadow rules...

When are we going to get a building in the downtown core larger than or equal to FCP?

Toronto needs to build tall... would be nice to see a 75 - 80 storey tower on the north west corner of yonge and adelaide.

Last edited:
Too short... should be at least 60 storys min.

Damn shadow rules...

When are we going to get a building in the downtown core larger than or equal to FCP?

Toronto needs to build tall... would be nice to see a 75 - 80 storey tower on the north west corner of yonge and adelaide.

I dont know, I get the feeling that this recent shadowing issue over NPS makes it almost impossible to build anything equal or taller than FCP in the core...unless its built south of Wellington to Front street.

Last edited:
Yeah, one of our ahem ... greatest public assets. I want some private supertall towers where I can barely get past the front door as our greastest symbols. I guess it is easy to forget about it when it's being ignored for so long. Will the renos lead people to the light? Naw...

54 storeys being too short makes me wish the bubble would burst sooner rather than later. May be then people will appreciate this boom and how tall 54 storeys really is.

Last edited:
54 storeys being too short makes me wish the bubble would burst sooner rather than later. May be then people will appreciate this boom and how tall 54 storeys really is.

With everything going on, i guess we are spoiled ..most North American cities would drool over a proposal like this, but here in Toronto its too "short and ugly" Yeah i dont get it.:confused: we here in Toronto are so lucky to still be enjoying a construction boom.:).

Is this legitimate? Something tells me that this is a bogus video clip ....is there any confimation from Skyline Int. Developments and Page and Steele on this proposal.:confused:..looks to much like Stinsons defunct plans for the Emerald Tower

Last edited:
Yes, at least 60 stories would be great, I'm so sick of this NPS shadowing issue....what is being shadowed? an ugly, dated concrete slab!?!? It's downtown f.f.s. I say build more skyscrapers around it to hide it.

Sun damage leads to melanoma... The City should take a pro-active position for their civil-servants who all lunch in the square and build 80 and 100 story sunscreens to the East, West and South of NPS. There will always be blue sky above and in the big city that is all you should hope for. Any other view is quaint small-town thinking.

Furthermore, Big buildings shadowing smaller buildings, reduces the sun-load and air conditioning costs for the smaller buildings, as well as keeping the pavement on the ground cooler, reducing the heat island effect on the street.

:D

Last edited:
another forgettable proposal. I'm sick and tired of the BS with respect to shadow regulations. The building is dull and ugly. I havent seen a good tower built in Toronto since the late 80 early 90"s when the TD and Socatia towers were built. Since then everything seems to dull and boaring even the trump tower. I havent seen one proposal that would have a signficant impact on our skyline. I think we should get the planners that made this shadow law visit Chicago and look at there towers.......................GIVE ME a BREAK its down town there should be now height restriction if any there should be a minimum height restriction. NO NEW PROPOSAL SHOULD BE SHORTER THEN 5 STOREYS WITHING THE DOWNTOWN CORE

^Not counting spelling and grammar errors, there are at least 3 factual errors with that post.

Anywho...

This building isn't exciting, but then again, this site is cursed and it really is a non-address in the ass end of the financial district. Temperance and Sheppard? You can't expect that a developer will hire Norman Foster to design the next supertall here.

What has height have to do with "dull and ugly"? If its higher, it will be less dull and ugly? Not likely.

There is no correlation between height and decent architecture (repeat that to yourself five times and relax a little about the height of one building in one location).

People who think that they are experts of architecture and city planning because they think tall towers are cool, sadden me.

Indeed - but that's probably going to be the new normal at City Hall. WRT this design - ho hum, but not the eyesore like First Toronto Plaza, etc. at least.

AoD

Back