News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 706     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Fantasy Renderings

There's a reason most condos and homes are "boxes"--curved or angled walls are inefficient use of space. After consulting with a realtor and a developer, I've decided to heed their advice and redesign those Bay Street Bore units. But in the mean time, I'm working on a house design inspired by SPIRE insisting you design from the inside out. You know, design a gorgeous modern home or condominium tower around the interior, the view etc. My first attempt:

1)Kitchen
qIosK2c.png

2)Bathroom
1QMIWr2.png

The challenge: design a 3 storey house for under $200k.

Can it be done?

If y'all knew how many One Bloor West concepts I've started designing in SketchUp over the past 13 months you'd be wondering WTF is going on in my head. Sadly, severe time restrictions have crashed into my fantasy life.:(

Here's one I spent about 20 minutes on the other day: blonge
WIK2UbB.png

q8yH7sj.png

eQMpYxx.png

Just one of the hundreds of concepts floating around in my head/hard drive.

Here's what I did a few days' ago in under 5 minutes: hexagon, bevelled corners and balcony railings, copy 85 times in a pattern of 4, insert a glass tube rep'n the units and called it Yonge & Bore:
WW3SL6V.png

Could you imagine the horror of seeing yet another balcony tower rising in Yorkville?!

One hour ago I woke up and of course checked out the latest UT P&C updates.:) One thread in particular caught my imagination, namely Marcanadian's latest photos of 605 Whiteside Place's demolition. Then I read the Annex nimbies ranting about 42 storeys proposed at 316 Bloor Street West.

Naturally, I took action. Toronto's first apartment building inspired by the demolition of a Peter Dickinson building is now being conceptualized.... Here's an early look at the Bloor Street facade of The Annex Student Ghetto:

RMyVTUT.png

Back