487     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 399     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that this isn't just you assuming some sort of unfounded right to harass people based on your personal unconfirmed beliefs?

How is hitting on people harassing them? Conservative much? If you put down your defensive mechanisms you can enjoy yourself in a multitude of scenarios.

How do you go about getting a girlfriend? Websites?

We are all entitled to ask out and court (multiple times, too) whoever we want so long as we do so respectfully and don't force anyone into anything. Most people have good intentions when they ask someone else out - the paranoia regarding rape and harassment some people display is ridiculous.

Whoa, RC8, what are you doing to yourself? I can't bear to watch this.

RC8 is being coy. He also believes that exclusive heterosexuality is fairly mythical too. We've had this debate.

The point here though is the politics of gender and sexuality, as we understand them as social constructs at least. Rob Ford is playing them out in a particularly distasteful way. He's losing all credibility, except with the small minority of people he is pandering to.

Whoa, RC8, what are you doing to yourself? I can't bear to watch this.

Being socially-liberal (as opposed to the new conservatives who want to segregate people based on human constructs) and assuming most people aren't stalker-rapists.

But apologies, this is too off-topic now. Let's just all celebrate we condemn rape and harassment and move on.

RC8 is being coy. He also believes that exclusive heterosexuality is fairly mythical too. We've had this debate.

The point here though is the politics of gender and sexuality, as we understand them as social constructs at least. Rob Ford is playing them out in a particularly distasteful way. He's losing all credibility, except with the small minority of people he is pandering to.

Do you see what I mean, though? Current 'liberal' views regarding sexuality are very conservative in their own right.

That said, I have to admit last year I didn't think Ford skipping pride was a huge deal. All those of you saying it showed blatant bigotry and homophobia have sadly been proved correct this year.

Skipping the flag-raising ceremony is pathetic, and it's sad that doing so may actually win him votes among certain intolerant minorities. I stand corrected on that particular issue.

Choosing to befriend Sewer Anne Levy implies a lot things, but open-mindedness is certainly not one of them. Sue Anne Levy, gay as she may be, is a bile-filled vitriol spewing redneck.

I'm also not certain Ford is a friend of Levy. They're ideological allies, but I've never heard of them going out for beers. Ford has been a weird experience for the Sun. A mayor they can finally get behind, and he's such an unbelievable train wreck. Trying to defend him must be wearing. OTOH, maybe they don't think he's a train wreck. THAT's even more scary...

I'm also not certain Ford is a friend of Levy. They're ideological allies, but I've never heard of them going out for beers. Ford has been a weird experience for the Sun. A mayor they can finally get behind, and he's such an unbelievable train wreck. Trying to defend him must be wearing. OTOH, maybe they don't think he's a train wreck. THAT's even more scary...

They're chummy.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thegoods/2010/09/ford-was-levys-biggest-campaign-contributor.html

Do you see what I mean, though? Current 'liberal' views regarding sexuality are very conservative in their own right..

Opression makes people cling to these identities, and out of necessity not choice. Some say we are in a post-gay world. Sadly, Ford's mayorality and the approval today of a constitutional amendment in North Carolina would seem to prove otherwise.

Skipping the flag-raising ceremony is pathetic, and it's sad that doing so may actually win him votes among certain intolerant minorities.

Amen brother!

Toronto Star: Toronto police will not charge reporter Daniel Dale over Mayor Rob Ford incident

Police investigators have “found no evidence” that Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale was on the mayor’s property or looked over his fence last week and will not be charging him in connection with his well-publicized confrontation with Rob Ford.
Ford has alleged multiple times through the media that Dale “peered” over his fence and took photographs of his backyard. He has also repeatedly claimed that his next-door neighbour, Zdravko Gagro, saw Dale standing on stacked cinderblocks behind his fence. Gagro has since declined to verify this to the Star or other newspapers, however.

Ford claims Dale’s actions were captured by surveillance video, which he immediately turned over to police as evidence. On Wednesday, investigators told Dale they viewed the video but would not describe what was on it.

They said, however, they found no evidence to warrant allegations that Dale was on Ford’s property or peering over his fence.

Threatening someone with violence and demanding they give you their phone - while on public property - is certainly a chargeable offence.

Dale has said he has no interest in pressing charges, however. Which is nice of him.

For what? Expecting the same right to privacy that every citizen enjoys? Criticize his politics as much as you want but give the man (and his family) some privacy.

Right, give the man some privacy, so he can abuse his office for personal gain without the pesky media drawing attention to it.

I have an idea for a great experiment. Give the neocons an island all to themselves where they can exercise their 'god given right' to consume, plunder, and reign over public good and nature's limits as much as they choose to with no public intervention. But sorry guys, the cost of admission is you have to stay put once you've fouled it beyond repair. You're sorry? No, too bad. You're staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back