Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Is that part of the sculpture disembodied on the glass at the top of the cube? This public art piece is such a sweet addition to an already sleek and glossy building

Yes, these are birds flying away.
When it is totally finished, there will be birds between the cube and the main building as I understand it as well as some "birds" all the way up to floor 18. As well, the theme will continue the birds into the lobby.

The derrick was installed over the weekend or Monday (hard to tell with all the fog lately exactly when) and the crane is coming down today.

May 9th:

7166776674_922f1d3887_o.jpg

From my POV today (it's raining a bit so it's not that clear)

Of course, to bolster his argument that our forlorn molehill is, in fact, an artistic "mountain," UD chose not to re-post this image, which really shows the bean in all its engaging glory.

A misreading of Kapoor's oeuvre that could only be made by someone who missed the first 25 years of his career.

amazing shot ^ just shows how unobstructed the views are from Shangri-la.. looks like it has the skies all on its own.

and man, look at those 2 storey penthouses at the top with those huge terraces. jealous.

Just a quick question, I was not sure where to post it. But since this is in vicinity of Shangri-la...
Does anyone know what's going on with that fountain on University and Queen?
Its a shame this hasn't been fixed yet.

I finally saw "Rising" in person the other night. It truly is an inspiring and powerful masterpiece.
It is quite amazing, also noticed the Shangri-La logo and lettering are up on the University side of the podium. Wonder when that happened

Back